Pride of the Tribe
Week of January 07, 2019
SISD ATTENDANCE WARS BEGINS JANUARY 7TH
Secondary - Whichever Secondary campus has the highest all staff attendance % for each 6 weeks, earns the right to wear jeans EVERY Monday & Friday for the following six weeks. Plus the winning school each 6 weeks will get to hang a banner/sign in the main entrance of their building.
Whichever Secondary School wins the most staff attendance awards in total, will receive a Hamburger Cookout sometime during the last week of school, courtesy of SISD Administration.
Dread Making Sub Plans No More!
Learn how below!
Nuts & Bolts
- GRADES - Grades need to be posted by 8:00 am on January 7th.
- LESSON PLANS - Due Friday, January 11th for the following week.
- WEBSITES - Update with the revised syllabus that was sent to you. This is very important, as it can help you if parent issues arise. TRUST ME...
- EMERGENCY BINDERS - Need to updated with new rosters, etc. by Monday, Jan. 14th.
- CLASSROOM NORMS - The start of a new semester is a great time to review procedures and expectations. Remember, our students need to be told EXACTLY what is expected of them. Do not assume they will know.
- CTE/Elective Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Professional Development Day, 9:00 - 4:00pm
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Teacher Work Day
- Girls Basketball @ Aubrey 5:00pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Algebra Interim Assessment
- Boys & Girls Basketball vs Celina@ SHS, 5:00pm
I Leave You With This...
The effectiveness of a teacher's 45-minute lesson is determined by those hours of preparation that no one ever sees. ~ Principal Kafele
If they didn't HAVE to be there, would you be teaching to an empty room? #beengaging