6 Things you need to know and can share with others.
1. Science Field Test Guides
The State released science field test guides for grades 3-8 and biology.
- Overview of Field Test
- 3rd Field Test Guide
- 4th Field Test Guide
- 5th Field Test Guide
- 6th Field Test Guide
- 7th Field Test Guide
- 8th Field Test Guide
- Biology Field Test Guide
Please Note: The state science field test will be paper-based for grades 3-4 and computer based for grades 5-8.
2. Kindergarten Giveaway
3. Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST)
The Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) is currently accepting nominations in honor of outstanding math and science (including computer science) teachers of K–6. The award recognizes those teachers who develop and implement a high-quality instructional program that is informed by content knowledge and enhances student learning. Awardees join a network of more than 4,700 past recipients and receive a certificate from the President of the United States, a trip to Washington, DC, and $10,000. Educators are invited to nominate a teacher or begin an application on the PAEMST website.
Nominations close on April 1, 2018; applications must be completed by May 1, 2018.
4. EdCamp NLA 2018
Edcamps are free, organic, participant-driven, un-conferences that empower educators to maximize professional learning experiences and peer networks. Join your colleagues at EdCamp nLA 2018 to explore the latest trends in education, from pre-kindergarten to high school. Be inspired by the teachers teaching teachers format in these compelling sessions by education professionals and industry leaders committed to the future of teaching and learning.
Link to Register: http://www.edcampnla.com/registration.html
Check Out This Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr7teMAk-hA
5. 3 Useful Websites for Science
1. Print Friendly- PrintFriendly cleans and formats web pages for perfect print experience. PrintFriendly removes ads, navigation and web page junk, so you save paper and ink when you print. It's free and easy to use. Perfect to use at home, the office, or whenever you need to print a web page.
2. Create a Graph- Create A Graph. Graphs and charts are great because they communicate information visually. For this reason, graphs are often used in newspapers, magazines and businesses around the world.
3. Sheppard Software- Sheppards has hundreds of free, online, educational games for kids. But anyone interested in online learning can use the site – many subjects are covered – (geography, math, animals, science) and many levels, games and activities for learners of any age.
Want more resources? Visit the Caddo Science Website!
6. Check Out the Caddo Science Newsletter Archives!
Check out the archive of the Caddo Science Newsletters.
Important K-6 Science Dates
November 30-December 2, 2017: NSTA's Area Conference in New Orleans
December 21-January 5: Christmas Holiday
December 4-10 Computer Education Week
January 15: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
January 16: Professional Development Day
May 4- Science Field Test for Grades 3-4 (paper-based)