NZEI AP/DP/Team leaders conference day. July 31st 2014.
Rating the workshop.
Out of 17 workshop participants, 12 completed feedback forms. They rated the differentiated learning on a scale of 1 (poor) to 4 (excellent). Numbers may not add to 100% because of rounding.
- Facilitators' punctuality: 92% excellent; 8% good.
- Facilitators' presentation: 75% excellent; 25% good.
- Materials used: 83% excellent; 17% good.
- Pace of training: 33% excellent; 58% good; 8% average.
- Variety of activities: 58% excellent; 42% good.
- Usefulness of strategies: 33% excellent; 67% good.
- Confidence to use strategies for self: 50% excellent; 50% good.
- Time allowed to cover content: 83% good; 17% average.
What went well?
- All - glad you could get as much as possible in such short time.
- Interactive part.
- Resources shared and some supplied.
- A good overview of differentiated learning.
- Sorting activity - differentiated classes/traditional classes.
- Lots of good ideas to share. Would have liked to hear more.
What was particularly useful?
- Thinking about what differentiation looks, sounds and feels like.
- The activity on classrooms.
- The thinking about ideas and talking to others.
- Learner's profile. Differences between differentiated and traditional classrooms.
- All of it. :)
- Idea of resources.
- Sorting the difference with traditional classroom. Negative vs positive - interesting.
- Book names, and sayings.
- Resources - books to track down. Overview with sorting cards.
- Having to 'jigsaw' the differences between traditional and differentiated classrooms.
Did the module fit your needs.
- Yes - good ideas to trial.
- Good reminders - quotes were useful - feel reassured we are on the right track.
- As much as I'd expect in 45 minutes.
- Yes. (3 participants)
- Gave a taste for.....
Was there anything you'd like more information about?
- Still trying to digest what we got today - will visit website.
- Very interesting, looking forward to reading the text mentioned.
What could be improved?
- More time :)
- Pace of presentation.
- I felt I didn't have a clear idea/understanding of what Differentiated Learning was, and it took a while to understand it. Maybe provide definition and examples first.
- More time!
Any further comments or suggestions?
- It was a shame it was rushed, but understandable.
- Rushed, but realise it wasn't your fault.
- Another great workshop :)