How to Become a Citizen.
By: Jordan Hinkle, Allyssa Jensen
- Have to be 18 or older
- Have to have lived there for at least 5 years
- You have to have lived here for 5 years continuous before filling out form
- Show you have been in the U.S. for 30 months out of the 5 years
- Show you have lived in the U.S. for 3 months when you apply
- Be a good person
- Practice the constitution
- You have to read,write,and speak English
- Understand U.S. history
- Take oath of allegiance
Steps You Must Take.
2. Are you eligible to be a U.S. citizen?
3. Prepare for the Application for Naturalization test.
4. Submit your Application.
5. Go take a Background Check.
6. Finish the Interview.
7. Get a Decision on your Test.
8. Get a date to take the Oath of Allegiance.
9. Take the Oath of Allegiance.
10. Understand the Citizenship.