Ramp Up Information for the week of August 31st
2575 Ed Karbat Rd
Conroe, TX 77301
- Our doors open at 7:30 for all students.
- Students are counted "tardy" after 8:00. Instruction begins promptly at 8:00 and we want our students present and ready to learn!
- Please do not drop off students before 7:30.
- Students must remain in their car till they reach a designated drop off numbered 1-6.
- Students should wear a mask for arrival and dismissal.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30-7:55.
- Transportation changes need to be made by 2:00. Emergency transportation changes can me made no later than 2:30.
- Students will not be checked out after 2:30.
- Dismissal begins at 3:10.
- Please display your car rider sign when picking your students up each day. This is for the safety for all students and to help our staff and substitutes on duty.
- Thank you for your continued support. Lions ROAR to so much more!
Message from the Principal...
Our parents are valued partners in our Roadmap to Reopening Plan. In addition to wearing cloth face coverings, social distancing, washing hands, and regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces, an essential element in helping slow the spread of COVID-19 at school is each parent’s commitment to screening their child daily for symptoms. Parents are also asked to keep any student exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 at home and to notify the campus. Attached is a copy of the current screening process which outlines the symptoms. Please review the information and be sure to keep your child at home if he/she is exhibiting any of the symptoms described.
Please note that all campuses are closed to visitors at this time to help stop the spread of COVID-19. If you must visit a campus, we ask that you screen yourself prior to leaving your home. All visitors that come on a campus/facility will be required to use the Access Intercom system or call the front office from their vehicle. Once the reception area identifies the person and their need to be on campus, they will be allowed in the building. All visitors will be required to sign in using the visitor program. Each visitor will be asked the screening questions. If a “yes” response is given to one of the questions, the visitor will be asked to leave the campus immediately.
Parent/teacher conferences, ARDS, 504 meetings etc. will be held virtually or by telephone.
Thank you for helping to keep our school community safe.
Masks or Face Shields
CISD Level 3:
- Students in grades 3-12 are required to wear face coverings in all areas, including classrooms, and when social distancing of at least 6 ft. is not possible.
- Students in grades PreK-2 are asked to wear face coverings while in the classrooms.
- All students (PreK-12) will wear face coverings, as developmentally appropriate and feasible, on buses, during transitions, and in school common areas.
This practice will help mitigate interruptions to in-person instruction. TEA defines "close contact" with an individual who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 as
- being directly exposed to infectious secretions (e.g., being coughed on while not wearing a mask or face shield);
- being within 6 feet for a cumulative duration of 15 minutes, while not wearing a mask or face shield.
A student who is deemed "Close Contact" would require them to quarantine for 14 days and not be present for in person instruction. Continuously wearing a mask during the day will help your child to not have interruptions or changes in their educational setting.
Please label your child's mask or face shield on the inside and not the outside. This will allow us to identify and return any mask and also for security purposes.
We know that some of our youngest Lions will need help learning to wear a mask, and we will help gradually extend the amount of time they can wear them. Part of what we do each year is help our students develop the skills to meet school expectations. This year is no different. We will work with all of our students to wear masks appropriately.
In-Person Learners Schedule for Ramp Up
Below is the schedule for our ramp up for In-person Learners. Please note that 2nd-4th grade only come on their designated date.
PPCD, PK, Kindergarten and 1st Grade In-Person Learners return on August 31st.
Grades 2nd-4th grade return
August 31st only: A-C
Sept 1st only : D-J
Sept 2nd only : K-Q
Sept 3rd only: R-Z
We are asking each student to bring a water bottle with their name labeled on it each day they come to school. Our water fountains are being fitted with touchless water bottle adapters. Don’t worry, we will have disposable water bottles for the days that you might leave them at home. Please limit it to water in the bottles to avoid messy spills in the classrooms.
Clinic and Medication Information
- There will be limited over the counter medication that can be administered at school due to new guidelines, please check with Nurse DeBaugh.
- Prescription medication can be dropped off with Nurse DeBaugh. Please remember to bring medication in the original package with the prescription label.
- Please call and schedule a medication drop off. We will have a table on the front porch where we can meet and assist you.
Drop Off and Pick Up Infomation
Students will be dropped off in the morning beginning at 7:30 utilizing the side parking lot (Stewart's Crossing entrance) of the campus. Students are to remain in their car with a parent till they reach a designated drop off spot (numbered 1-6). Students can not wait under the porch due to social distancing guidelines.
Students will be picked up utilizing the side parking lot (Stewart's Crossing entrance) of the campus. Parents will pull to the number assigned to them by the caller and pick up their child.
- Students should wear a mask during arrival and dismissal times
- Students, staff, and parents will practice social distancing
- We recommend students are car riders when possible
- Please remain in your vehicles at all times
- Only let your child out of the vehicle at a designated cone
- We will be utilizing designated entry ways for car riders and bus riders
- All car riders will enter and exit through the cafeteria entrance.
- Please have your child unbuckled when it is time to exit the vehicle
- We recommend children opening their own car door
- We ask that all biker/walker parents socially distance while waiting on their child
- We ask that no parents utilize the front entrance to walk their child into school
- Car riders and bus riders will be allowed to enter their designated entry between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. each morning
- Please do not drop off children and leave them on the front porch or at their designated entry door before 7:30 a.m.
- Parents will not be allowed to congregate on the front porch area during arrival and dismissal times
- Parents will not be allowed to walk their child into the building
Thank you for your support as we work through the the safest way for students to arrive and dismiss each day.
If you don not have a car rider sign, you will be asked to park and show identification. There will be no exceptions to student safety and our duty to provide the best care to all our students.
Bus & Day Care
This will allow for greater socials distancing of students utilizing our hallways for each bus to line up.
- Students should wear a mask during arrival, dismissal, and while riding the bus.
- Bus riders will enter and exit using the front entrances to the school.
- Students will sit in bus order down the grade level hallways to maintain social distancing.
- Families are asked to maintain social distancing at bus stops.
Visitors to the Building
- Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
- We will utilize virtual meetings to reduce the number of campus visitors.
- All individuals entering the building must wear a facemask covering their mouth and nose.
- Parents needing to drop items off for a student will contact the school to arrange a curbside pick-up. Call the school at 936.709.1500.
Conroe Independent School District
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.