The Wilmot Word: 9-9-22
This Week at Wilmot
Our students also took advantage of the beautiful weather and enjoyed playing with friends during recess. We are continuing to review expectations to play safe, include others, and have fun.
Earlier this week we had a town hall meeting with fifth-grade students (pictured above). I reminded our fifth graders that they are leaders and problem solvers. I often look to our fifth graders to serve as role models, help us solve problems, and brainstorm new ideas to support Wilmot School. Mrs. Salzer, our student council sponsor, introduced the procedures we will use for fifth-grade student council elections. I am so happy that we have reinstated our student council after a 2-year break.
students had a great week at Wilmot!
Enjoy your weekend!
Wilmot Procedures That You Want To Know
- If your child is absent we ask that you please contact Mrs. Martinez using our Wilmot attendance email address: email@example.com
- If your child arrives after 8:45 an adult must come inside and sign them in.
- As a reminder, any adult who visits Wilmot School must have their driver's license or state ID.
Upcoming Community Engagement Oppprtunities
Deerfield Parent Network Event- 9/13
The Deerfield Parent Network is an all-volunteer organization that provides community wide and single-issue programming on timely topics of concern among our parent communities. Their first event, “The Tween Social Scene” (geared towards families with 6th & 7th graders) will be held on Tuesday, September 13th at Shepard Middle School at 7:30 p.m.. Visit their website for more information.
PPS 109 Event - 10/25
We are excited this school year to return to offering in-person parent/guardian networking and educational opportunities for our community in collaboration with PPS109.
PPS109 is a partnership of DPS 109 administrators, teachers and parents/guardians who are dedicated to providing support to families of children with a wide range of needs. Our first event of the ‘22-’23 school year will be An Overview of District 109 Student Services. This event will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 6 pm at the District Office.
We are also asking for your help! Please click here to help us prioritize the next community event that will be offered during this school year. There is also an option on the form to let us know if you are interested in participating in PPS109 parent/guardian networking opportunities.
SHIELD Take Home Testing Continues
If your family opted in prior to August 11th, expect your child to bring home testing supplies today along with information on what to do. Those that opted in after our initial deadline will begin testing next month. This week we will collect all samples on Tuesday due to the hiliday.
PTO Gift Wrap Fundraiser
Wilmot PTO’s Annual Gift Wrap Sale Starts Today!
Check your child's backpack! Wilmot PTO’s annual gift wrap sale is now underway. We are partnering with Believe Kids. They have great gifts, home items, and kitchen gadgets, as well as quality gift wrap.
Every family should receive their catalog and sales information, brought home by your child(ren).
All orders and payments are due by Friday, September 23rd.
Here's what you need to know:
- Shop the Magical Holiday’s catalog. Return the two front copies of the paper order form and exact payment to your child's teacher. Make checks payable to Wilmot PTO. Do NOT collect sales tax.
- Shop the website www.ShopFund.com. Payments for on-line orders are made directly on the website.
- Online orders can be delivered to the school for free or directly to your home for a fee. All catalog orders will be delivered to the school.
- Invite Friends & Family to shop!
Please contact Jodi Kier with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTO Movie Night (Lightyear)
- Friday, September 16, 7:00-9:00 pm
- Field behind Wilmot
- Fliers are coming home with students
Wednesday, September 7-Friday, September 23
MAP Testing Window - Teachers will share classroom schedules
Friday, September 16
PTO Drive-In Movie Night
Tuesday, September 20
Thursday, September 22
BOE meeting - 7:00 pm
Monday, September 26
Wednesday, October 5
Monday, October 10
- Wednesday, October 12 - Friday, October 14
PTO Book Fair
Tuesday, October 25