By - Sebastian Sundet
Ernest Heming Way Facts & Pics
1) Wrote The Old Man and The Sea in 1952\
2) Was a failed KGB spy
3) Only loved six toed cats
4) Set a world record for catching 7 marlin in one trip
5) survived through anthrax, malaria, pneumonia, skin cancer, hepatitis, diabetes, two plane crashes (on consecutive days), a ruptured kidney, a ruptured spleen, a ruptured liver, a crushed vertebra, a fractured skull, and a lot more.
6) Has a Ernest Hemingway Look-Alike Society
7) Believed you could do anything if you had determination, pride, and endurance.
8) Fidel Castro loved his book so much, he turned Ernest's villa into a museum.
9) He wrote 15 books
10) Signed up at a Red Cross center to become a ambulance driver during WW I
11) Followed by the Government since WW II
12) Got married to 4 different wives and had 3 children
13) Lived through 3 wars
14) Won the Italian Silver Medal for Bravery
15) When he published his first book, people hated it
16) Lived in Cuba since 1939 until he died
17) His mother wanted a girl, so she dressed him in girls clothes and didn't cut his hair till' , the age of 4
18) Was gonna report on the Spanish Civil War, for the North American Newspaper Alliance, but instead became a screenwriter for The Spanish Earth
19) Was born July 21, 1899 in Cicero (now known as Oak Parks), Illinois
20) He used his favorite shotgun, from which he bought form Abercrombie & Fitch, to kill himself