May 31, 2019 willowdale.mpsomaha.org
Amanda Wharton-Hunt, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
1. As we wrap up the school year and send off our 5th graders, we want to wish you the best of luck with all that you do! We know you will continue to do amazing things in Middle School and beyond! Please continue to shine and share your amazing talents with the world. #onceawildcatalwaysawildcat
2. We want to thank Miss Alexa Mazur and Mrs. Linda Phosaly for their hard work and dedication to Willowdale! Miss Mazur will be moving to Black Elk full time next year and Mrs. Phosaly accepted a graduate fellowship at BoysTown. We appreciate all they have done for our Willowdale community. We will miss you!
3. We want to welcome three new staff members for the 2019-2020 school year. Michelle Seeba will be joining our team as an additional part time ELL teacher. She will split her time between Willowdale and Norris Elementary. Shannon Calpin will serve as our school psychologist and will spend her time at Willowdale and Russell Middle School. Finally, Jordan Peck will be joining us full time as our second special education resource teacher. We are so excited to have them join our school family!
4. Thank you all for a wonderful 2018-2019 school year! We are so excited about all of the growth we have seen in our students this year. As a staff, we all know we are lucky to be part of this caring and supportive school community! We appreciate all you do for our kids, staff, and school! We look forward to seeing you all on August 8th at 5:30pm for School Fest. Class lists will be posted by 12:00pm on August 8th! Have a safe and fun summer!
5. As we move into summer hours, please note that our office may not be open during regular hours. Please call or email me (email@example.com) to set up an appointment if there is anything I can help you with during June. Our office will be closed during the month of July.
FROM THE HEALTH ROOM:
An adult must retrieve any medication brought to the health room during the school year before noon on May 31. All remaining medication will be destroyed by the nurse at that time.
FROM THE LUNCH ROOM:
If your child has a negative lunch account balance, please be sure to bring that balance to at least $0 before the end of the school year. Positive and negative balances will carry over to the 2019-20 school year. Remember, all money in a child's account remains in the same account throughout the years the child remains in Millard Public Schools, right through 12th grade. Hint: Keeping a $5 balance can be helpful in the August back-to-school rush!
FROM THE LIBRARY:
All lost and damaged books must be paid for by the last day of school. Money is refunded for books found and returned in good condition.
We are Wildcats - Watch us ROAR!
Wonderful Wildcats of the Week: May 20-24
Iman Khalil * Owen Odegaard * Molly Hinton * Cole Owens * Xane Krause * Lucia Milone
Evelyn Carmichael * Sophie Pingel * Huntley Mecham * Mackenzie McBeth * Erin Langford
Annelise Trumm * Annelise Johnson * James Fink * Andrew Schmidt * Ellie Brown
Lilliana Mecham * Charlotte Frazer * Bronson Swisher * Ashwick Kotte
Coming Up (Please note: Last Day of School is May 31!)
May 31 Last Day of School for MPS- Clap-Out for Grade 5 outside on the Patio, 11:45
*****Noon Dismissal for grades K-4. No school lunch today!
June 3-June 19 Office will be open by appointment only- office staff will be in and out of the building on an irregular schedule.
June 20-July 31 Office Closed
Aug. 1 Office Reopens
Aug. 8 Class Lists posted, 12pm
Aug. 8 School Fest, 5:30-6:30pm
Aug. 12 First Day of the 2019-20 School Year
Sept. 2 No School—Labor Day
Oct. 16-18 No School– Conferences/Professional Development