Northside Guidance Newsletter
Bring Us Your Acceptance Letters!
Calling all seniors! When you receive an acceptance letter from a college or university, bring it to Guidance so we can make a copy and hang it on our bulletin board! You should be proud of yourself!
- Registration for the 2014-2015 school year is upon us! Counselors will begin meeting with students on an individual basis in the beginning of March.
- Dr. Miller with meet with students with last names A-I, Ms. Barbee will meet with students with last names J-Q and Mrs. Allabaugh will meet with students with last names R-Z.
- Your counselors are always available to meet with you to discuss course options, graduation requirements and your 4-year plan.
Attention: Freshmen Academy Students
- All students who were in the Freshmen Academy during the 2013-2014 school year will be required to choose a new academy for the 2014-2015 school year
- For a list of academies and programs, including the classes required for each, click the "Files" link under the Guidance website. You will see "Academy Scope & Sequence"
- For additional questions or help choosing an academy, talk to your counselor or the Academy Director
- Transcripts are now available with your final grades from the fall semester. You can also see your GPA and class rank. Stop by Guidance and ask your counselor for a copy.
ACT Test for Juniors
- Every 11th grader will take the ACT Test at Northside on March 4th.
- Score reports are available 3-8 weeks after the test date.
- For help interpreting your scores, talk to your counselor or go to actstudent.org.
$$ Scholarships $$
- Seniors should continue checking the scholarship bulletin board outside the guidance office in the hallway. New scholarships are posted every day and deadlines are quickly approaching!