Important Updates From Mr. Miller:
I would like to thank you for all of the support and understanding you have demonstrated during this difficult time of having to close schools. The best part of our day at Grant is the time we spend interacting with the students, and we will miss them over the next couple of weeks. There have been many questions as to when events will be rescheduled and what happens next. I would encourage everyone to stay updated through the D11 website and Grant's Facebook page. As things change throughout the district and our school, I will notify you so you can all stay updated with any changes. I did want to pass along a few things to note:
- From March 16 -20, Colorado Springs School District 11 will be providing bagged meals for any child under the age of 18 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the following locations, if needed: Doherty HS, Russell MS, Mitchell HS, Swigert MS, The RJWAC Campus, North MS, Mann MS, Coronado HS, and West ES
- All after school clubs, activities, and trainings will be canceled until April 6 across the district. This includes our Taekwondo program. We are working with U.S. Taekwondo to work on making up our sessions after April 6
- During this closure, only "Mission Critical" district staff will be allowed in all D11 buildings. In order to ensure buildings are sanitized properly, very few district personnel will have access to our buildings. All rooms will be throughly cleaned. There will be no access for anyone to the buildings without the proper clearance during this closure. Even I will not be allowed in the building during the closure!
- We are working to reschedule our STEAM Family Night. We had nearly 300 people RSVP for this event and I still have a brand new Dash Robot to give away to one lucky student!
- Butter Braids are tentatively scheduled for delivery on Friday, April 3. The company has been very understanding and flexible and will help us to meet our needs
- Your students have been provided some choice work that they may complete during the school closure. If your student was not in attendance yesterday, they did not receive their choice packet. These packets are specifically designed by grade level. If you did not receive the packet, you can access all grade level packets at www.d11.org/distancelearning
- Your student's teacher(s) will be on call to help with any work or to answer any questions you may have from Monday, March 16 - 20. You can call or email your teacher if you have any questions that pertain to your student. Both email and phone numbers were sent home with students yesterday. You can also find the email and phone numbers of your student's teacher on Grant's own website under the link, "Contacts"
- Again, I would encourage you to check in to both the district website and Grant's Facebook page for any important updates regarding the district's closure
- Finally, I also want you to know that I am here for you as well. If you have a question or concern, please let me know how I can be of support. You can reach me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org
As of today, we will be expecting students to return to school on Monday, March 30. I hope that all of you stay healthy, safe, and are able to find a little down time to spend with family during the next couple of weeks. Please know that although our school may be closed, the Grant staff is here to help support you and your students.
As always, thanks for reading!
Principal, Grant Elementary