Dutch Fork Elementary The Academy of Environmental Sciences, Title I
Our Smore and VIP Folders are coming home a day early due to the Honor Choir's trip to Carowinds on Friday. Thanks for your flexibility!
- CRMS/Irmo Middle School registration form
- Saluda Shoals permission slip
- argumentative writing work samples
- weekly grades
Testing Information & Reminders
Our state has a new testing program that will be administered this spring. The ACT Aspire test will be given to all students in grade 3, 4, and 5 according to the schedule below:
Tuesday, April 28 – Writing and English
Wednesday, April 29 – Reading
Thursday, April 30 – Math
In addition, all 4th and 5th graders will participate in PASS testing on the dates listed. Third graders will not participate in PASS testing this year as they have in the past.
Thursday, May 7 – Science
Friday, May 8 – Social Studies
Parents, please be reminded of a few simple things that will help your child be successful during testing:
1. Parents should schedule appointments and out of school activities for another day. All students will make up tests that are missed.
2. Testing will begin at 8:00 each day. Be sure your child is well-rested and on time. Avoid a rushed morning or discussions that may upset your child.
3. Have your child eat a healthy and filling breakfast.
4. Parents and students in the building are not permitted any electronic devices during testing. This includes cell phones, calculators, and watches with alarms.
5. Encourage your child to do his/her best on all days of testing. Eliminate
pressure and send them off with a hug and a smile.
Students are encouraged to check out this website: www.testtakingtips.com to
access ideas about being successful on tests of all kinds and what to do about
getting nervous about tests. There is even helpful information for parents of test takers.
Middle School Registration
- Parents please sign, keep yellow copy and return white copy.
- If you wish to request a waiver into honors math/ela, you must contact Tara Safriet (for CRMS students). You can call the school or email at email@example.com (email is preferred).
- If you wish to request a waiver out of honors math/ela, you can contact T. Safriet or the guidance department at CrossRoads to complete that paperwork.
- Please return registration forms tomorrow.