Your Weekly Update from Bennett-Hemenway Elementary School
Five Things You Need to Know
1 - KINDNESS DETECTIVES AT WORK!
Our Bobcats have been invited to be kindness detectives and share what they see here at Ben Hem. One friend choose to write down the kind words that she hears at Ben Hem as evidence of kindness. We are always looking for ways to celebrate the kind things we do to support each other.
2 - THE BOOK FAIR IS COMING!
The Scholastic Book Fair will be at Ben Hem from December 7 through December 13th. Students will have a chance to check out the books during their library block and create a wish list. The Book Fair will be open on Thursday, December 8 during the Holiday Craft Fair at Ben Hem from 6:00 - 7:30 pm.
3 - Reminder: 4TH GRADE CHORUS HAS RETURNED!
We look forward to hosting our first student concert in two years! On Friday, December 16th at 8:30 am, fourth grade parents are invited to come enjoy this winter concert. The concert will be approximately 20 minutes in our cafeteria. Our students are excited to sing for you all!
4 - EVERYDAY SPEECH TOPIC: SELF MANAGEMENT
Self-Management is the process we use to regulate and cope with our emotions as well as motivate ourselves and perform throughout our day.
After completing these lessons, students should be able to:
- Monitor and regulate emotions
- Use awareness of emotions to guide decision‐making
- Motivate oneself
- Cope with stress and anxiety
- Exercise self-control and delay gratification
- Express emotions appropriately
5 -DECEMBER SPIRIT! SHOW YOUR BEN HEM SPIRIT ON FRIDAYS IN DECEMBER
Join us in showing our winter spirit on the Fridays in December. As the days are shortening, we need to find fun ways celebrate each other and the hard work we do each day. Please join us in being spirited and silly!
- Friday, December 9: Silly Socks Day
- Friday, December 16: Favorite Team Day
- Friday, December 23: Comfy, Cozy Day
REMINDER: PLAY DATES, BIRTHDAY PARTIES, AND MORE
Did you know our PTO creates a school directory each year to share contact information with families that OPT-IN to the directory. Complete this form with information you want shared to be included in the 2022-2023 School Directory. This is voluntary and only information included will be published.
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5