Problem Solving in Action
Getting all Students to Love Word Problems!
Dr. Nicki's 2-Day Institute: Grades k-2
DoubleTree by Hilton Austin
Monday, April 4th, 8:30am to Tuesday, April 5th, 3:30pm
8901 Business Park Drive
Come join us and learn easy-to-implement, academically-rigorous, standards-based (teks aligned), engaging, differentiated activities for problem solving! Many of the activities come from Dr. Nicki’s upcoming book “Problem Solving in Action!”
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Introduction to Problem Solving
Structures to Scaffold Success
Reasoning About Word Problems
Modeling Problem Solving
Mini-Lessons: Math Mentor Texts, Shared Experiences and Collaborative Problem Solving
School Wide Strategies
Balanced Assessment: Word Problem Running Records, Entrance and Exit Slips, Self-assessments
*Unpacking the Teks Word Problems across grade bands
Top Reasons to Attend this Seminar
· Discover how to effectively plan for and implement problem solving
· Explore tools, tasks, time schedules, and transitions
· Learn innovative, hands-on, engaging activities to use in your lessons
· Understand how to integrate problem solving into your current curriculum
· Create toolkits that teach
· Make a plan to effectively organize materials within your classroom space
· Develop routines and procedures for problem solving across the year
· Integrate 21st century technologies throughout your lessons
Details, Details, Details!
4 ways to pay:
Who: Designed for teachers in grades k-2, team leaders, instructional coaches, mentors, staff development trainers and administrators
Double Tree by Hilton Austin Arboretum
8901 Business Park Drive Austin, TX 78759
Special Group Discounts!
*We take PO's but you must email or fax it in.
With the paid registration of a staff member, an administrator from the same building may attend tuition free! (Please send a separate registration form for your principal.)
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received 15 days before the seminar will be 100% refunded. Cancellations after that will receive a full credit for a future program.
***A certificate of attendance will be given to all the participants who attend the entire conference.