By: Julie Claypoole
- Ian Wilmut
- Cloning and Dolly the sheep
- July of 1997
- Roslin Institution in Scotland
- cloning was for medicine and drugs.
- He did not want fame and fortune for his discovery.
- Wilmut made the cloning idea in the mid-1980s
- Ian was very famous for cloning dolly.
Dolly and cloning
- Dolly was cloned by 3 sheep and it took 277 tries just to clone dolly
- Dolly was 6 years old when born and was 12 year old when she died
- the first human egg embryos were clones in Massachusetts in 2001 but they all died.
GCSE Science Revision - Cloning Dolly The Sheep