December 12, 2021
- Crazy Sock Day - Mon., 12/13
- Chess/Board Games Club - Mon., 12/13, 4:15-5:15 pm in Rm 144
- Holiday Pajamas or Attire Day (Any Holiday You Want) - Tues., 12/14
- Culinary Club - Tues., 12/14, 4:15-5:15 pm in Rm 143
- Final Exams at EHS/NHS (1st, 2nd, 7th periods) - Wed., 12/15 (NO CLASS AT COMPASS)
- Recreate a Picture from your Childhood Day - Thurs., 12/16
- Pre-Winter Break Fun Fest at Compass - Thurs., 12/16, 4:00-8:00 pm (see below for more info)
- Compass Spirit Day & Last Day of First Semester - Fri., 12/17 (classes meet on regular schedule)
SPECIAL FREE MENU TASTING EVENT - THIS WEEK AT COMPASS ACADEMY
REGISTER FOR BLOCK D STEM CLASSES NOW!
- 3D101: Learn how to use CAD software to design three-dimensional objects, then print them using 3D print technology, laser engraving, and wood carving machinery.
- Text Adventure Programming: play interactive fiction computer games to learn how they work, and then use object-oriented computer software to program your own interactive fiction game for others to play.
Interested students must register by 12/17 by following this link.
END OF SEMESTER MARK REPORTING FOR COMPASS ACADEMY STUDENTS
Students at Compass Academy will receive the following marks in HAC and on their home high school transcript: EXC (exceeds competency or standard), MTC (meets competency or standard), or APR (approaching competency or standard). If a student receives an EXC or MTC, they will receive a half credit for each course and this will be shown on the transcript. If they receive an APR, they will continue to have the opportunity to work to demonstrate competency, but their transcript will not record a half credit for that course until the level of MTC has been reached.
Compass Academy students will also receive a Mastery Transcript, which will detail all competencies met, along with areas where a student has demonstrated advanced competency; in addition, the Mastery Transcript includes a digital portfolio. Students will make their first submissions to this in January. More detailed information on this topic will be shared this week via email and regular mail.
PARENT SURVEY - PLEASE RESPOND!
PRE-WINTER BREAK FUN FEST AT COMPASS ACADEMY
JOB SHADOWING FOR SECOND SEMESTER- REGISTER NOW!
The city of St. Charles is offering a job shadowing program that will provide opportunities for Compass Academy students on Wednesdays next semester! In the new career pathway job shadow program, which is open to St. Charles high school students interested in exploring a career in municipal government, students can shadow people in all many career fields, including engineering, communications, accounting, firefighting, law enforcement, construction, and vehicle maintenance.
Students may schedule up to three different job shadow experiences per school year, during which they can explore work sites, ask questions, see demonstrations, and learn about education and certifications. Students will be responsible for transportation to and from the City. The date, time, and length of the job shadow will be scheduled outside of school hours directly with the City’s job shadow program coordinator. Compass students should schedule their shadowing on Wednesdays whenever possible.
Interested students should complete the Registration Form and return it to Mrs. Stanley or Ms. Ohlson at Compass Academy.
COURSE REQUEST PROCESS FOR COMPASS ACADEMY, 2022-23
Students were surveyed recently about courses they would like us to add at Compass, so in keeping with our model- giving students voice and choice- we are working to develop related course proposals now in alignment with Illinois State Board of Education course codes and guidelines. Once all courses we will be offering next year are visible in HAC, students and parents will be informed.
Please understand that high school students' course selections are not finalized until they meet with their counselor in January after winter break. Schedules are built after that process is completed for all high school students. This means that all students who complete their course requests before meeting with their counselor in January will have the opportunity to be placed in their requested courses at East or North and Compass Academy.