Alektorophobia Fear of Chickens
What is alektorophobia?
Alektorophobia is known as excessive fear of chickens. The fear may involve talking and thinking about chickens, cartoon chickens, dead chickens, moving mobile chickens, pictures of chickens and almost anything that has to do with chickens.
- Those that are impacted by this phobia tend to have had a trauma related attack or agressive behavior by chickens.
- This type of phobia is to be found more common in people living on farms.
- People who who suffer from alektorophobia do not remember how it started.
- In majority of the cases the fear continues to grow with age.
- A person might display signs of anxiety prior to visiting a farm.
- irritability or restlessness upon seeing chickens
- Dry mouth
- Excessive sweating
- Heart palpitations
- Bezodiazepines may be prescribed to treat anxiety symptoms but, do not cure the fear.
- Hypotherapy is used to determine the exact cause of the fear
- Neuro Linguistic
- Energy therapies like meditation, Tai Chi techniques