Miss Lotter's Leaders
Parent Newsletter May 2-May 6
PEEK AT THE WEEK!
Math: In math this week, we will be continuing our short units on measurement, data, and geometry.
Language Arts: We will continue accountability in daily five this week! Each day, the students will track their choices and what they accomplished during each round. Students will have the option to listen to reading, read to self, work on words, and work on writing.
-We will be focusing on academic and unknown vocabulary. In preparation for the EOGs, we are going to hit vocabulary strategy lessons hard so that the kids are more than prepared!
In writing, we will be starting a really neat jackdaw book project that I think the students are going to really enjoy!
Science: In science, we will be continuing our unit on rocks and minerals!
In class, we have been learning about the power of "yet." The idea behind this is that the kids do not have to be great at something right away. They will have to fail and persevere in order to become a master of something. So, they may not be great at something yet, but with hard work and a growth mindset, they will get there! Please let me know if you would like any other tips to help your child prepare for these tests!
WHAT IS GOING ON IN ROOM 312??
REMINDERS AND SUPPORT!
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, May 10, ACS Teacher Recruitment Fair at Central Office 2pm until 5pm
- Saturday, May 14, 5K for the Boys Running Group
- Monday, May 16, through Friday, May 20, EOG Spirit Week
- Thursday, May 19, Potluck of Learning & Community Drum Circle from 5:30-8:00
- Friday, May 20, Spring Book Fair begins
- EOG Tests May 24-June 7
- Monday, June 6, Kindergarten registration
- Tuesday, June 7, K Graduation
- Wednesday, June 8, 5th Graduation at 9:00
- Thursday, June 9, Required Workday
- Monday, June 13, through Friday, June 17, EOG remediation & retesting
-We need class snack (Preferably something already in individual portions)
-We could also use notebook paper and folders.
-As always, the most support we need is for you to continue to encourage your child to come to school and try their best! Also, to really help them in becoming a leader through emphasizing those leadership habits whenever possible.