French Broad River Basin
By: Ben Hampson, Evelyn Gallardo Ramirez
How many people live in the river basin?
How would you describe the river?
- Asheville is the biggest city in the basin.
- Its runs through 10,400 acres of land
- It includes two major watersheds the pigeon water shed and the nolichucky rivers.
- Its the only river basin in north carolina where you will find the 9 inch salamander calld mudpuppy
- There are nine rapids in an 8-mile section of the river
NonPoint Pollution Sources
- Christmas tree farms are common among the river basin and wash alot of pesticides into the water.
- Trout farm wastes flow into the river
Point pollution sources
- There are 137 point pollution sources in the river basin
- Some Factorys Are On The Streams Connecting to the lake
The CTGA is one of the groups that grow in that area
Habitat Degregation And Nutrient Enriching Processes Are A Big problem for the basin