CRHS Student & Family Update
August 23-27, 2021
Colonel Richardson High School
Jared Sherman, Assistant Principal
Thomas Jefferson, Dean of Students
Cia North, School Counselor (grades 10 and 12)
Office Phone: 410-479-3678
Google Voice Phone: 301-327-0714 (can receive texts)
Jennifer Reed, School Counselor (grades 9 and 11)
Office Phone: 410-479-3678
Google Voice Phone: 302-272-5313 (can receive texts)
Week at a Glance
- Schedules live on PowerSchool
- Laptop Drive Thru Pick Up 7:30 am- 6:00 pm Auditorium Doors
- Girls Soccer at Wicomico (1:00pm Departure) (V only)
- Boys Soccer vs. Wicomico (3:00pm Start) (V only)
- Volleyball vs. Parkside (4:00pm Start- V and JV)
- Back to School Night 5:00-7:00 pm
Footbal at Polytech (3:00pm Departure) (V only)
Masks must be worn by students and adults attending Back to School Night and any indoor events such as volleyball games. At this time students actively playing volleyball are not required to wear masks. Masks are not required for outdoor events. At this time, students and staff are required to wear masks during the school day.
I realize this is a hot topic right now and none of us want to be in masks again. However, if this is our best chance at keeping over 600 people under one roof healthy and the school building open and fully operational, we are going to make the best of it and stay safe!
On a personal note, I haven't seen all of our students under one roof for over 18 months, nothing is going to take away from that joy, of welcoming all of our students back. I assure you the FANTASTIC CRHS staff and our AMAZING students will get through this and make the best of anything 2021-2022 has for us.
We are looking forward to a wonderful year and are appreciative of the continued support from our CRHS community and families! We are Colonel TOUGH!
Student Laptop Pick Up
CCPS is now a one-to-one district, meaning all students will be issued a laptop each year to use to complete assignments, check their email, etc. Your child returned their laptop at the end of last school year to get updated over the summer and will get their same laptop back for use this year. This process will continue annually.
There are 3 ways your child can get their laptop. If a parent can not accompany their child to pick up the laptop they must send a signed contract in with the student. Generic contracts were emailed to parents and students for your convenience, should you wish to send one in with your child. If the parent accompanies the child to Back to School Night or the Drive-Thru pick-up, the parent and student can sign their contract at that time where we will have individual copies of the contract on hand.
Option 1- Students can pick up their laptops before school starts on Tuesday, August 24th at our laptop drive-through from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm at the auditorium doors.
Option 2-Students can pick up their laptop at Back to School Night on Thursday, August 26th from 5:00-7:00 pm inside the auditorium.
Option 3-Students can get their laptop on the first day of school, Wednesday, September 1st from their teacher.
Reminder- Students must bring in a parent-signed contract to be able to take their laptop home if they choose to wait until the first day of school. The contracts were emailed to parents and students.
*If your child has not returned their laptop they need to return it to CRHS asap to get updates!
Welcome Back (Repost)
Dear CRHS Students and Families,
Welcome back to school! We are very excited to start the 2021-2022 school year!!! I hope you have all had a healthy, fun, and relaxing summer and are all feeling recharged and ready for the school year to begin in just a couple of weeks!
Here are a few helpful tips to make High School a great experience for you and yours!
- Email is your friend! Please check your email regularly, parents and students! Students- download the Gmail app on your phone if you can! Teachers, school counselors, coaches, and administrators communicate a lot of information via email. I will also send a weekly update every week to students and parents, this is the first of many! Mrs. Morris our secretary will email daily updates to students through the lunchtime show, which also plays in the cafeteria daily! Students, make it a daily habit to check your email either on your phone or on your laptop! CCPS laptops will be distributed to students on the first day of school. You will bring your laptop back and forth to school every day!
- PowerSchool is also your friend! Parents and students, please download the PowerSchool app on your devices/phones! Students- this is the best way to see your schedule and to keep up to date with your grades! Follow the directions below in the PowerSchool link if you are not sure how to set up your PowerSchool accounts. There is even a video to help you if needed. Student schedules will be live on PowerSchool on MONDAY, August 23rd.
- Contact us if you need assistance! If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year please email or call the school. Teachers can respond during their planning times and counselors can also help with questions and concerns! You can always reach an administrator too! All of our contact information is at the top of this newsletter weekly. Teachers will share email addresses with you or you can find email addresses on our school website.
See you at Back to School Night on August 26th. Come anytime between 5-7 pm to meet the teachers and find your classrooms.
Students' first day of school is September 1st. Doors open daily at 7:30 am and 1st period begins at 7:43. School is dismissed at 2:38 pm daily.
See you soon!
CRHS Back to School Night (Repost)
Students' schedules will be live online on PowerSchool accounts on August 23rd.
Each individual teacher will let students know what supplies they may need. For the first day, students should be prepared with a notebook or folder, something to write with, and paper. Students will receive their laptops on the first day of school, at Back to School Night or at the Drive Thru on Tuesday August 24th. They must bring their signed contract (by both parent and student) on the first day of school if they don't pick up their laptop on the 24th or 26th.
Yearly Student Emergency Forms- Now all online (Repost)
CCPS uses an online form (no paper!) to verify or update student information through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. The process typically takes less than five minutes per student, and allows families to verify that all of the student's data is correct and provide updates for any important data that has changed. This process replaces the old paper form sent home in previous years. Parents, please check your email for this information from:
Please note: If the student’s address has changed, proof of residence will be required. This may be uploaded through PowerSchool or provided directly to the school.
For more information, please see the CCPS news post on this topic.
Parking Passes for Student Drivers (Repost)
Mr. Jefferson, our Dean of Students will be emailing parking pass information and applications to students' CCPS email accounts soon. The CRHS administration will also hold a meeting with students during the first week of school to review the parking lot rules. These are the items needed for permission to park in the CRHS lot.
- Completed driver application (emailed to students)
- $30 fee for the year
- Provide a copy of the students' drivers license
- Provide proof of insurance
- Provide a copy of the vehicle registration