CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, February 8th
Principal's Notes and Highlights
I will keep it short and sweet this week. Several of you have sent me links or shared videos of school administrators notifying their families of a delay or closing by singing or dancing and suggested that I join in on the "fun". I'm not sure if that is a vote of confidence or you need of a good laugh, but those decisions are made by Dr. Roberts. They aren't easy decisions to make, and I appreciate his focus on student safety. Classes will now be in session March 11th-14th. We have one more day before we would start using elearning days for school closings.
- Any purchase you make today or tomorrow at Viewpoint Books will be counted as part of our Book Fair. Please be sure to mention CSA Lincoln. Thanks again to Mrs. Goggin for a great week!
- The backdrop this week is from the BCSC Administration Office. CSA Lincoln is hosting the school board meeting next Monday. Each school is responsible for providing artwork that is framed in the downstairs hallway during the month they host. We took advantage of Mrs. Selbach's camera work and used many of her photos.
- Kindergarten invitations were sent out today for the 2019-2020 School Year. In all, CSA Lincoln and CSA Fodrea received 243 applications for grades K-6th. That is a new record. We went with a sports theme this year and will post photos of our newest Huskies when we receive them. They are all #1 to us!
Have a great weekend!
Important Upcoming Dates
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- Feb 11th- School Board Meeting at CSA Lincoln 6 pm
- Feb 15th- 5th/6th Grade Dance 6:30-8:00 pm
- Feb 21st- Math Bowl Competition 5:00 pm @ Southside
- Feb 22nd- PTO Book Bingo @ CSA Lincoln Gym
- Mar 7th- PTO Meeting 6-7 pm
- Mar 11-13th School will be in session (Snow Day Make-ups)
- Mar 26-28th iRead Testing (3rd Grade)
- April 30-May 2, May 7-10th- ILEARN Testing (3rd-6th Grade)
- May 15th- Indianapolis Indians Game-CSA Reading Challenge- Home Run Hitters
- May 16-17th- Chicago Trip (6th Grade)
- May 23-24th- CYC Camp Trip (5th Grade)
- May 24th- Kindergarten Graduation 1:00 PM
- May 29th- Move Up Day
- May 29th- 6th Grade Graduation-10:30-11:30 am
- May 30th- Last Student Day (Donner Park Field Day)
PTO Book Donations
As you're putting away, your new book fair finds, and need to make room on your shelves? PTO is taking book donations of gently used picture books - Young Adult books for our upcoming Family Night. We have a collection bin located right inside the main doors next to the giant husky paw if you can help us out!
CSAL PTO Family Night: Book Bingo Join us on Friday, February 22 for our first ever Book Bingo night! Watch for the flyer next week to get all the details!
February PTO Meeting Cancelled
Our CSAL Huskies Math Bowl mathletes will be competing at the same time as our originally scheduled February meeting so we are canceling the meeting on the February, 21st and instead combining the February and March meeting on March 7th.
Who is that person working car line? The suggestion came up at a CIC meeting to share information about our staff so you can put a name with a face.
Sharon Newton has taught first-grade at CSA Lincoln for four years. She is also the chair of our PBIS Committee. Remember those really cool shirts your students received when they came back from Winter Break? That was the PBIS Committee's idea. She has m
BCSC Pre-K is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications are available at all elementary schools and online at www.bcsc.k12.in.us under the 2019-2020 Pre-K Applications heading. Please call us at 812-376-4569 for more information about BCSC Pre-K.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley