Raureka School Term 2 Week 3
Newsletter 19 May 2021
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
Congratulations to all of our tamariki who are playing sport on Saturday or after school. We have two Senior netball teams playing on Thursday's and two Hockey teams playing on Saturday's.
I also know that we had the two Junior teams playing netball on Wednesday's.
Thank you to everyone who is supporting our children by being a coach, manager or supporter. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
We also have lots of children who play either football or rugby for clubs.
Keep up the good work and continue to play your best..
Our Cycling and Scooter programme is working out really well. All of the children I've talked to are really enjoying it. If you bring your bike or scooter to school please make sure that it is named and if possible you have a lock for it, this will ensure that no one takes the wrong bike or scooter by mistake.
Our Seniors are off to the planetarium this week as part of their class programme. Rooms 4 & 5 went Monday and the other Senior Rooms are going on Friday.
Next Monday and Tuesday we will have Murray Gadd visiting again to support our staff and students with our Writing programme.
Congratulations to Room 5 for being the first class this term to do the Assembly item, all of the children were very excited and proud of their items. They looked great, please see the photos below.
Please remember that classes start at 8:55 a.m. each day and all children should be at school, unless they are sick, ready to start then. When the children arrive on time they do not miss out on valuable learning time and they feel as though they haven't missed anything. Keep in mind too that when children arrive late it can be hard on their classmates as after an interruption - some children struggle to refocus on the lesson.
Please note that we will have a Teacher only Day in Term 3 on Friday 27th August and all of our COL schools will be attending- We will be working with Ngati Kahungngu and Professor Mere Berryman on Cultural Responsiveness.
First Assembly Item
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Pakari/Resilience - which means, having the strength, courage and resourcefulness to persevere when you face challenges
Expected behaviour for this week: growing well being.
Our value for Week 2 was ...
The following children received awards:
R1 James Smith, R2 Sabrina Sehjal, R4 Jesiah Oli-Alainuuese, R5 Bradley James, R7 , R8 Ariella Duff, R11 Caitlin Eagle, R12 Leithyn David, R13 Millie Buckingham, R14 Alejandro Cosgrove, R15 Mason Olano, R19 Aaysia Tito, R20 Brase Grant, R21 Georgia Scannell,
ESOL Riginah Taa.
Raureka Kowhai played Frimley and won 3-1.
Players of the day were Skyla Sehjal & Riley Thompson
Raureka Tuis played MKK and lost 1-6.
Player of the day was Layla Owen-Smith
Raureka Force played Raureka Magic and won 7-2.
Players of the day were Ciana Sula-Sinclair and Addisyn Bates
Hello Room 12 - you look like you have been very busy!
- Tues May 25 - Senior Cycling
- Tues May 25 - Ready for Raureka (In Room 12, 2:00-2:45)
- Mon 31 May - Thurs 3 June - Keeping Ourselves Safe
- Tues June 1- Senior Cycling
- Mon June 7 - Queens Birthday- No School
- Tues June 8 - Junior Scootering
- Tues June 8 - Ready for Raureka (In Room 12, 2:00-2:45)
- Fri June 11- Disco
- Mon June 14 - 1:30 Duffy Theatre
- Mon June 14 - Thurs 17- Keeping Ourselves Safe
- Tues June 15 - Senior Cycling
- Mon June 21 - Teacher Only Day- No School
- Tues June 22 - Wed 23 Keeping Ourselves Safe
- Tues June 22 - Ready for Raureka (In tRoom 12, 2:00-2:45)
- Thurs June 24 - Leadership Day School Leaders
- Tues June 29 - Senior Cycling
- Wed June 30 - Matariki 5:00pm meet School Quad
- Mon July 5 - 3 Way Conferences - School closes 12:30- 6:30 first Conference 1:00
- Tues July 6 - 3 Way Conferences first Conference 3:15-6:30
- Last Day Term 2 - Fri. - July 9 (School Closes at 2:55)
- Mufti Day
- First Day Term 3 - Mon. - July 26 (School Opens at 8:55)
- Fri 27 August Teacher Only Day- all COL- No School
- Last Day Term 3 - Fri. - October 1 (School Closes at 2.55)
- First Day Term 4 - Mon. - October 18 (School Opens at 8.55)
- Mon 22 Nov Teacher Only Day- No School
- Last Day of 2021 - Wed. Dec. 15 (School closes at 12.30)
· School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers. The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. We need help on the following days - Front Gate: Wednesday, Friday, Back Gate: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.