Meteors can be as big as a softball. They can also be as small as an atom.
Meteors usually travel at the speed of 15,000 kilometers per hour. They can travel as slow as 25,000 miles per hour. They also can go as fast as 160,000 miles per hour.
What Are Meteors Made Of?
Meteors are made of rock and ice. They are also made of iron, nickle and rock. They can also be made of rock and iron.
When Can You See Meteors?
One time that you can see them is on a clear night. Another time is during a meteor shower. They also come several times a year.
What Meteors Are Called
They are called meteoroids when they are in space. They are called meteors as they enter Earth's atmosphere.Then they are called meteorites when they hit the Earth's surface.
- A meteor shower is called a radiant.
- A meteor is a shooting star, also called a falling star.
- 38,000 meteors have been found on Earth so far.
- Most meteors burn up before they hit the Earth's surface.
- One of the best areas to find meteors is in Antarctica.
- These meteors showers can have over 100 meteors an hour.
- There can be as many as 100,000 small bodies called asteroids.
- Truly we are all children of the universe.
Meteor Shower Thrills Stargazers