Message from Mrs. Sivadasan
November is one of my favorite months of the year. The fall colors are in full swing and their are a variety of holidays we are celebrating focused around family and gratitude. I am thankful for the opportunity to be the Principal of this amazing school and to be surrounded by a community of students, parents, and staff that support and care about one another.
During the hustle and bustle of this season I hope that you and your family will be able to spend quality time with one another and create wonderful memories for years to come. Thanks for all you do to make our community a wonderful place. I am thankful for you!
Preparing for the Parent/Teacher Conference
Dear Endeavour Families
We are looking forward to the Parent/Teacher conferences coming up on December 5th and 6th . These conferences are a critical part of your students' education and a wonderful way for the school and parents to partner together. In this vein, I wanted to share some ideas that will help make your conference a successful one:
Before the conference:
- Please review your child’s report card and Smarter Balanced Assessment Scores (*if you have a student in 4th or 5th grade) prior to the conference. This is information that may not be covered or covered in depth, so it is important for you to review it ahead of the conference. This information can be found on Family Access. Please follow this link if you need directions for accessing your students report card: https://www.issaquah.wednet.edu/family/FamilyAccess .
- Some teachers are doing Student led conferences, so please take note of teacher communication to find out if this is the case, and plan accordingly.
- Identify questions you may want to ask the teacher (some example questions below):
- Does my child finish assignments in class and turn in homework?
- How can I support my child at home with their writing (or any area of concern you may have)?
- How does my child behave in the classroom and on the playground?
- Are there any big projects coming up? How can I help my child?
At the conference:
- Show up on time to the conference. In order to ensure the teacher is available to meet with all families, she/he needs to start and end conferences on time. There are no exceptions.
- Let the teacher begin the meeting, but be sure to ask the questions on your list before time runs out.
After the Conference:
- Talk with your child about what the teacher shared, especially focusing on the positive comments. Talk about learning goals and make a plan to reach them together.
- Follow up with the teacher on any plans you may have come up with at the conference.
- Contact the teacher if you have questions or concerns about your child’s progress academically and socially/emotionally.
Winter Weather is Coming – Snow Day, Snow Stops, and Emergency
School closures and delays are announced early in the morning, usually between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. If you anticipate emergency transportation conditions, please check for an announcement on TV, radio, or the Internet.
To receive closure information straight from the district:
- Make sure you are receiving District eNews. Sign up on our website. Weather delay notifications will NOT be sent via individual school eNews.
- Check the ISD homepage, www.issaquah.wednet.edu.
- Subscribe to receive ISD emergency news at www.FlashAlert.net (for weather emergencies only)
- Check the recorded messages at (425) 837- 7000 (Administration) or (425) 837-6333 (Transportation).
This mailer includes information on snow routes and emergency stops, as well as program cancellations and schedule changes due to inclement weather. The bulletin also includes information on communication of school delays or closure.
Equity and Cultural Competency
We have been issued PICA permits and the construction work has begun. The foundation for the new wing, loading dock, and cafeteria expansion has started(see pictures below).
We are also hoping to begin installing new flooring throughout the building beginning winter break.
I will continue to update you as information comes my way. Please see below for pictures of the construction work so far.