By: Me (Delaney Duran)
20 Interesting Facts:
2) He was forced to play the cello, but he was horrible at it.
3) He had wretched eye sight.
4) Served in WW1 as an ambulance driver.
5) F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote Ernest a 10 page letter on how he should end A Farewell to Arms. Ernest wrote back 3 short words I can't repeat, but it was hilarious!
6) Ernest stole a toilet from his favorite bar and put it in his house.
7) He had a recipe for hamburgers that ended up in a museum.
8) In the 1940’s he worked with the Soviet KGB.
9) He was accused of war crimes.
10) He had a 6 toed cat.
11) He was married 4 times and divorced 3.
12) He checked into a hospital under a false name, press thought he was being treated for abnormally high blood pressure.
13) He survived exposure to anthrax, malaria, skin cancer, and pneumonia. He lived through diabetes, two plane crashes, a ruptured kidney, hepatitis, a ruptured spleen, a fractured skull, a crushed vertebra, and unfortunately the thing that finally got him was himself.
14) Press thought it was accidental at first, but then his wife said it was suicide.
15) In the end he shot himself with his favorite shotgun.
16) The FBI had him under surveillance.
17) James Joyce was Ernest's drinking buddy in Paris, James would pick fights, hide, and call Ernest to beat the poor guy up.
18) Ernest used a machine gun on sharks that would threaten his catch that day.
19) Hemingway set a wold record in 1938 by catching 7 marlin in one day.
20) Actor Orson Welles became good friends with Ernest after they had a fist fight in a theater. Good times, good times.
The websites and such....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFSe4hpxu3M This link has the video.