Weekly Newsletter 9/20/2021
Mrs. Mahoney is excited for an exciting year!
Mrs. Dalfonso is all about TEAMWORK with virtual learning!
We are so lucky to have you in our class :)
The students are doing a great job with the routine and starting the first grade curriculum!
We have an early dismissal day on Monday. The time the first grade students will begin dismissal at 12:55. All other students begin at 1:00.
Please remember to check folders each night. Your child has a calendar that has been placed in their folder for their behavior. Each day we color in their chart to show how his or her behavior was during the day. Please keep this chart in their folder.
This is a reminder that homework will not be every night. It is assigned as needed. We continue to feel that the day is very lengthy and that the first graders need to time to go home and take a break.
We will be sending chrome books home as soon as we feel that the students have had enough practice on them with us. We will be using a platform called Seesaw to assign homework. We are practicing using this first in class. We will be sending directions home on how to use this platform when the chrome books are sent home.
- Mrs. Dunn, our school nurse, is asking that if any child has new health concerns, please contact us. She is making sure she has all up to date information on any medical concerns. If you would like to forward information to us or you can call the school directly to ask for Mrs. Dunn. Please also fill out the emergency cards that are sent home. They will be kept in the main office and the nurse's office.
For lunch, they will only be offering cold options for lunch which includes: salads, sandwiches, or a "fun lunch" (items such as muffin, cheese stick, goldfish, and yogurt). If you have any questions, please let us know.
You are invited to back to school night.
Back to School Night
- Monday, September 27, 2021
- This night will be in-person for 2 sessions
- There will be 3 sessions available
- 3rd will be virtual
- RSVP portion - sign up genius will be sent our this week for classroom sign-up
- Limit to 2 parents only/no siblings
The 3 sessions are 6:30-6:50, 7:00-7:20, 7:30-7:50(Virtual).
Updates for the weeks to come:
- As a first grade class, we have a Facebook page. We will be sending out permission slips at Back to School night. This page is a way to share with all of you the fun stuff we are doing in First Grade!
Early Dismissal/Teacher In-Service September 20
FIRST DAY OF FALL September 22BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT September 27
Focus of the Week
- Math: We will continue to introduce math tools and review activities with numbers 1-10. Our focus will be to write and identify numbers 1-10 and use one to one correspondence when counting objects. We are also learning about 5 groups and adding groups together.
-Reading/Fundations: We are starting our new program Wit & Wisdom in Reading. We will be working on Module 1 for the whole marking period. This program we will go over during Back to School Night. Our focus in Fundations is letter naming and sounds. We are printing our letters and learning how to use our Fundations lines on our writing paper. We are continuing to learn about vowels and consonants.
- SEL activities: We will be reading some stories, listening to songs, and participating in some social emotional learning activities!