CHS SENIOR INFORMATION
Graduation, Important Dates, To Do Items
Although this is an exciting time, it's also a time to make sure you take care of all courses/graduation requirements, meet all deadlines, and take part in the final activities of your high school career. Please mark your calendar with the following dates and events.
- April 23rd: CHS Junior/Senior Prom, Lubbock Memorial Civic Center, 8:00 PM-11:00 PM
- May 2nd-May 13th: AP Exams, 8:00 AM or Noon, see collegeboard.org for schedule
- May 5th: Intent to Audition for Commencement Speech form due to the counseling office, 4:15 PM
- May 10th: Commencement speech audition, 4:15 PM, Room 206
- May 12th: Military enlistment paperwork due to alpha counselor
- May 17th: Scholarship offers due to alpha counselor to be printed in graduation program
- May 19th: Junior/Senior recognition assembly. 7:30 PM, CHS Auditorium, (notifications will be sent to those receiving an award)
- May 23rd: Senior Finals, 1st-4th (must attend all classes)
- May 24th: Senior Finals, 5th-8th (must attend all classes)
- May 25th: Mandatory Senior Check-Out Meeting, CHS under breezeway, times according to last names (see below)
- May 26th: Mandatory Senior Meeting, 8:30 AM, CHS Auditorium
- May 27th: Graduation Rehearsal, 10:30 AM (arrive at 10:00), United Supermarkets Arena
- May 28th: Graduation Ceremony, 1:00 PM (arrive at 12:15 PM), United Supermarkets Arena
TO DO ITEMS
- Check grades and communicate with teachers.
- Email alpha counselor any scholarship offers to be printed in the graduation program.
- Email alpha counselor military enlistment paperwork to receive a cord for graduation.
- Request your final transcript through the online form which can be found here: https://www.lubbockisd.org/Page/12486 or through Ms. Beckett in the main office. The first transcript is free. All others are $1. Final transcripts will be mailed 2 to 3 weeks after graduation. Dual credit transcript (South Plains, Texas Tech, and UT) will need to be requested directly from the college.
- Verify if you need the meningitis vaccine for college admissions. Shot records may be requested by email from our school nurse at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take care of any pending fines (textbooks, library books, athletic equipment, etc). All fines must be paid in order to receive a diploma at graduation (a call out/email will go out to students who owe money).
- If you have not ordered a cap and gown, you will need to contact Herff-Jones as soon as possible for purchasing. Their number is 806-744-7737 and their office is located at 2904 50th Street.
ALPHA COUNSELOR CONTACT:
CHS SENIOR CHECK OUT-MAY 25TH
Times to check out are listed below. Your attendance is mandatory; this will count as your attendance for the instructional day. Please only come onto campus during your designated check out time, and leave campus when you have completed check out.
DURING THIS TIME...
Seniors will be expected to turn in CHS/LISD property, pay all outstanding fines (a call out/email will go out to students owing fine money), pay for and pick up any applicable honor stoles or cords, and verify the spelling and pronunciation of individual names for diplomas.
CHECK OUT TIMES
- Last Names A-E: 9:00-10:00
- Last Names F-K: 10:30-11:30
- Last Names L-R: 12:00-1:00
- Last Names S-Z: 1:30-2:30
CHS SENIOR MEETING-MAY 26TH
- 8:30 AM
- CHS Auditorium
Seniors will meet for the last time in the CHS Auditorium to review last minute rehearsal and graduation expectations.
CHS GRADUATION REHEARSAL
- FRIDAY, MAY 27TH
- 10:30 AM (Arrive at 10:00 AM)
- UNITED SUPERMARKETS ARENA
- PARK ON THE NORTH SIDE AND COME DOWN THE NORTH RAMP
GRADUATION GENERAL INFORMATION
- SATURDAY, MAY 28TH
- 1:00 PM (Arrive 12:15 PM dressed in cap and gown and regalia)
- UNITED SUPERMARKETS ARENA
- NO TICKETS NEEDED
- CLEAR BAG POLICY
- GRADUATES ENTER THROUGH NORTH RAMP
- Parking is available in the northwest lot of the U.S.A. Graduates will enter through the north ramp.
- Please Do NOT park in the lot south of the U.S.A. or to the northeast as both of those lots will be utilized by Texas Tech staff and students.
- New gown design (Cannot borrow one from a previous grad. See alpha counselor with questions).
- Dress pants, skirts or dress
- Tie with collared dress shirt
- Dress shoes (keep in mind you will be walking up and down stairs when considering heels)
- Nothing on top of cap
- No jewelry on gown
- No gum during the ceremony
ONLY LISD APPROVED REGALIA WILL BE PERMITTED:
- Gold Honor Stole-for students with a GPA of a 3.5 and higher. Stoles will be available for purchase at the senior check out.
- Capstone Hoods
- NHS Cords
- Red/White/Blue Military Cords
- AVID Cords
- SPC Dual Credit Cords
- OnRamps (Texas Tech and UT) Cords
- FFA Honor Cords
- No bags/backpacks/purses/cell phones will be allowed in the arena during the ceremony. A monitored table will be set up in the practice gym for graduates' belongings.
- If you would like to donate your cap and gown, you can drop them off at the school the week after graduation.
GRADUATION MEDIA COVERAGE
- Fox 34 News Now channel 34-2
- Suddenlink cable channel 9
- Vexus cable channel 705
- AT&T U-verse cable channel 1032
- Dish Network channel 32
- LISD FAcebook page