Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - September 27, 2020
Thank you to all the families who came out to for our Virtual Back to School Night. It was another great opportunity to strengthen the school and home connection.
As a reminder, tomorrow holiday for students and teachers. We will see all of our Lions at 8:00 AM on Tuesday.
Continue reading below for important updates.
Read below for a message from our interim PTA President, Ms. Faulks-Brown
The PTA strives to:
1. Engage parents and teachers to collaborate arounds our children's need
2. Supplement school resources and current initiatives
3. Build healthy relationships between school and the surrounding community
We are currently seeking a PTA President. Come work with a dedicated board who is here to support a leader with a passion to serve. If you are interested in the role of PTA president, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PTA President's Role:
1. Preside over all meetings
2. Coordinate special committees with all officers
3. Help plan the yearly budget
Join the PTA by clicking on the link below. Membership is only $5.00 per year.
Henrico Police Athletic League Full Day Program - Update
Kids Challenge Virtual Edition
Student Work Packets
If you are unable to get a packet, you can also print a copy of the packet from our Laburnum Virtual Learning website. Click on your child's grade level at the top of the site to locate the work packet.
Lastly, if you live in St. Luke's Village apartments there are limited copies of work packets available for pick up at the rental office. Ask for Ms. Terri.
- September 28 - School is Closed
- October 10th at 10:00 AM - Monthly Principal Chat - Each month I will host a discussion with parents to answer questions and hear your concerns & ideas. The link is below.
Resources for Families to Support Virtual Learning
- Laburnum Virtual Learning Website - During virtual learning, you can click on this website for information.
- Digital Learning Quick Guide
- Digital Learning Information for Elementary School Families
- HCPS Mission Forward 2020-21 Learning Plan: A Handbook for Families - A guide to help families understand and visualize what virtual learning will look like.
- HCPS Student Virtual Learning Support - This information is also linked to our Laburnum Virtual Learning website homepage
If you encounter any issues with PowerSchool: Please email the help desk at email@example.com or call 804-328-5207. Para asistencia en español, llame al 804-527-4604.
If you encounter any issues with completing your forms: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Help may also be available by contacting your school with questions.
If you or someone you know needs to enroll a student, you will need to call to schedule a registration appointment. All registrations will be by appointment ONLY. The school number is (804) 228-2720.
Additionally, if you need to update your contact information such as address, phone number, or email, please call us to let us know.
Breakfast & Lunch
If you choose to come 7 AM - 9 AM, students will receive a hot breakfast and cold lunch for the same day. If you come 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM, students will receive a hot lunch and cold breakfast for the following morning.
The county is also providing meal distribution by bus.
- Mondays and Wednesdays: On Mondays, buses will distribute meals for Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesdays, breakfasts and lunches will be distributed for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, as well as Monday breakfast.
- Buses will make 30-minute stops at each location, between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Laburnum has two stops:
Brookhill Road and Crenshaw Ave.
Delmont St. and Engleside Drive