Iditaread! Iditawalk! Iditarod!
join us at the Wasilla office~ IditaSeuss will be here too!
Iditaread: A Reading Incentive Program~
How it works
1. Come to the Iditaread Kickoff on Thursday, March 3rd at 11am at the Wasilla Office. Please RSVP with Monique at firstname.lastname@example.org If you are not able to attend, and would like to participate in the Iditaread, please let Monique know!
2. Take home your Tracking Sheet and Bookmark and start reading!
- Grades K-2: 5 minutes of reading or being read to counts as one paw print.
- Grades 3-12: 10 minutes of reading or being read to counts as one paw print.
- Each paw print represents 10 miles on the Iditarod trail.
- You can read whatever books you want at your reading level.
3. Let Monique know as you travel through the checkpoints! Please e-mail her at email@example.com. We will update your student musher's progress on the Tracking Board!
4. Bring your Tracking Sheet to the office when you've reached a PRIZE checkpoint! We will stamp your checkpoints and award you with your prize!
5. Finish the Iditaread and submit your Tracking Sheet to Monique by Monday, March 21st.
6. Finishers will be invited to the Iditaread Finishers Party- Date To Be Determined!
Win awesome prizes!
Students will earn prizes as they read through checkpoints on the Iditarod trail!