English Civil War
By Emma McGath and Haven Dogenhart
Where and why did the English Civil War happened?
- Kingdom of England
- King Charles believed he ruled with the divine right of kings
- His believed his decisions couldn't not be challenged
- The Parliament should have more say in how the Kingdom was governed
- Arguments between the church and religion were tied up
- Parliament won the first battle
- Charles I one the second battle
- then was executed
- Charles son starts his own army
- The army was made up of English and Scottish royalist
- Charles son begins a battle
- Cromwell wins the battle again
- ending "The was wars of the Three Kingdoms"
Who was involved? What some effects?
- King Charles head of the Cavaliers
- Oliver Cromwell head of the Roundheads
- Parliament took control
- King Charles was killed
- 20 years after the was Charles II returned as King of England
- In a period known as the Restoration