BIODIGITAL HUMAN - 3D INTERACTIVE VISUALS
Biodigital Human - Interactive Human Body
Price: free and paid
Location: web: https://www.biodigitalhuman.com
This online and iOS app allows users to explore the human body. Biodigital Human contains the basic human structure including skeletal, digestive, reproductive, lymphatic, endocrine and more. All views are 3D and allow the user to view different layers as well as zoom into a specific part. In addition to the anatomy portion there is also an area for "conditions." In this area you can see conditions that effect specific areas of the body, read more about the condition, and see all the parts involved in the condition. There is even a quiz area that will test the user's knowledge of the items selected. It is similar to a self-assessment where you are informed immediately if you were correct.
- the obvious is to use it to learn anatomy.
- take screenshots using the built-in snapshot tool or another method (using Jing or CMD-SHFT-4 Mac) and add them to quizzes or to presentations.
- while in the snapshot tool, use the annotation feature to mark up an image prior to taking the snapshot.
- study health conditions and to see the effect on the body when multiple conditions are in play.
- study health conditions' effects on specific systems.
- use a screencast application, such as Screencast-o-matic or Kaltura, to capture a lecture on a specific system. Recording yourself and your screen as you navigate and explain different systems.
I enjoyed BioDigital Human. I found it very interesting to see exactly what was involved in specific conditions. However, while it's easy to use, I found it a bit frustrating at times to navigate. I think that frustration will ebb with time as I use it more but for a first-timer it was annoying. I did like that there was a built-in snapshot tool to make screenshots easier. There is also an "edit" feature that allows you to narrow down what is shown and how it's displayed before taking the picture.
Free gives you standard models of anatomy and health conditions. In addition, users can take short quizzes for practice. If you need more, you can pay ~$40/year (mobile only is $20/year). This gives you access to all the 3D models plus the ability to create a library of your most used models.