FULVOUS WHISTLING DUCK
Over 1 million in the United States
· Usually feed at night
· Feed on waste grain (Rice)
· Feed on seeds found in shallow water
· Found breeding in southern California, Arizona, & Texas
· Prefer to nest in rice fields or over shallow water among rice plants
· 12-13 eggs get laid at one time
· Both the male & female incubate the eggs
Male: 1.72 lbs
Female: 1.49 lbs
WHAT I FOUND MOST INTERESTING
I thought that the way you can tell which fulvous whistling duck is a male & a female is very interesting.
The fulvous whistling duck has a yellow overall color. The adult male and female body are identical. The back of their neck is brown & their back is a dark brown color with chesnut feather fringes.