January 22, 2021
Message from Principal Parker
FPCS is working to renew our charter and we are looking for parent volunteers to participate in our Rechartering Committee. We will be meeting 1-2 times a month and doing some writing and artifact gathering to present to the ASD school board and the state for their approval. If you are you interested in serving on this committee, reach out to the principal at email@example.com. Our first meeting via zoom will be January 28th @ 2:30pm.
Way to bee! Madilynn will represent FPCS in the State Spelling Bee on March 5, 2021
Mark your calendar
- 1/22 @ 6 p.m. Parent Workshop Cultivating Kindergarten Writers
- 1/25 Ox Academy Course Drop Deadline - no charge
- 1/26 @ 2 p.m. Strategic Committee Mtg
- 1/28 @ 2:30 p.m. Recharter Committee Mtg
- 1/29 ILP Planning Deadline
- 1/29 Vendor Billing Deadline for 1st Semester
- 1/29 @ 6 p.m. Parent Workshop How to Make Social Studies Come Alive with History Unboxed
- 2/5 @ 2 p.m. Election Committee Mtg
- 2/8 @ 5:30 p.m. APC Board Meeting
- 2/11 @ 10:30 a.m. Senior Class coffee with the Principal
- 2/18 @ 1 p.m. Reader's Theater Workshop Part A
- 2/23 @ 6 p.m. How to Design your SAT/ACT Testing Strategy webinar
- 2/24 Family Partnership Science Fair
- 2/25 @ 1 p.m. Reader's Theater Workshop Part B
- 2/27 @ 8:30 a.m. Free Online Practice SAT & ACT
- 3/18 SAT Registration Deadline
Class of 2021!
All Seniors need to fill out the GRADUATION SIGN-UP form. Please contact Dr. Parker if you have trouble accessing the form or have questions. You can submit this document multiple times if you have more to add.
As we plan for next school year, we want to hear from you. Tell us what needs you have as a homeschool family.
Upcoming Parent Workshops
January 22 at 6 pm
Cultivating Kindergarten Writers
Our own sponsor teacher, Megan Schneider, who has many years of experience as a kindergarten teacher, will show us how to take our kindergarteners from the beginning stages of writing (ie drawing pictures to express an idea) to writing sentences on their own.
Zoom Meeting ID: 358 714 1535
January 29 at 6 pm
How to Make Social Studies Come Alive with History Unboxed
Stephanie Hanson, an Educational Outreach Specialist with History Unboxed, will be talking about the science behind the importance of hands on learning and will share how to use hands on learning to make social studies exciting.
Zoom Meeting ID: 358 714 1535
We'd love to have you attend the live zoom but as always, this workshop will be recorded and you can find it here (along with all the other recordings of past parent workshops!)
National School Choice Week
Reader's Theater Workshops
Anna Roys, FPCS Sponsor Teacher, will lead two Reader's Theater Workshops. You can attend with your children so they can participate in the Reader's Theater or by yourself to learn how to lead a reader's theater in your home. Contact Anna (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on Reader's Theater. If you would like to observe or participate, please contact your Sponsor Teacher.
- Reader's Theater Workshop Part A; February 18 at 1:00 pm
- Reader's Theater Workshop Part B; February 25 at 1:00 pm
College & Career Readiness
The UA Scholars Award is a $12,000 scholarship awarded to Alaska high school students who are in the top 10% of their class at the end of their junior year as determined by their school.
The APC needs you!
More information regarding the purpose and responsibilities of the APC can be found in our Bylaws, Articles I-VI. If you are interested, you may apply by completing the APC candidate questionnaire. Applications may be submitted from January 1 - March 31, 2021.
Please email Jewelene Utic (email@example.com) with completed applications and/or questions.
Did you know that Family Partnership has our own FPCS YouTube channel? Access our growing collection of videos to equip and support you as your child's teacher. We post all our recorded parent and college/career workshops. Check it out!!