May 8, 2015
We have a few extra yearbooks that we would like to sell. We are making the offer to 5th grade students first because it’s your last year at Martin. If you are interested, we are selling them on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE Basis through Monday morning. After announcements, if it’s okay with your teacher, bring $16.00 cash to Miss Oltman’s room (233). Once we run out, we will send an email letting teachers know not to send additional students. Beginning Tuesday, we are going to extend this offer to both 3rd and 4th grade for the remaining books, so bring in your money ASAP!
- Wednesday, May 13th Book Fair and ART show
- Thursday, May 21Last Book Swap
- Friday, May 29, DARE Graduation
- Thursday, June 4, Last Day of School
There will be a note coming home about some other dates that will be for students.
Reading This Week
- Main Selection: Science Fiction Novel Excerpt from Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Paired Selection: Drama
- Comprehension Skills: Summarizing and Cause and Effect
- Conventions: Comparative and Superlative Words
Spelling for May 15, 2015
Vocab for May 15, 2015
Our theme ties in with the Summer Ice Book Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library
- 26th-Tuesday is crazy hat day
- 27th-Wednesday Dress like a book character
- 28th-Thursday is Dress "incognito"
- 29th-Friday is silly sock day