Willow Way School Success Meeting
Wednesday March 11th, 2015
'Do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used you are used to is better than the one to come?' ~ Rumi
Climate for Learning
- ‘Kids in Know’-Kim, Nikolina & Sanj
- Book Talk-‘Mindsets in the Classroom: Building a Culture of Success and Student Achievement in Schools’ Chapter3
Video Clip- Lucy West ‘Culture of Classroom Discourse’
08-Lucy West-Culture of Classroom Discourse
Think-Pair Share- "What resonated with you watching this clip?"
Teaching & Learning
Success Criteria for a Rich Numeracy task:
- Numeracy Focus
- Connection to Prior Knowledge
- Problem Solving Required
- Multiple Entry Points
- High Cognitive Demand
- Selecting Tools and Strategies
- Intellectual and Social Engagement
- Individual- Please look at your Numeracy task and see if it meets the criteria of a Rich Numeracy task. You can use the chart to see if you have a met the criteria.
- Think-Pair-Share- Talk to the person next to you and see if you can make changes to your task to make it a rich Numeracy task and if so what changes can you make.