What's Happening at SHMS
January 23rd - 27th
- January 28th: SHMS Speech Meet at Rosemount Middle School @ 9am
- January 30th - 31st: ACCESS Listening Assessment
- January 31st: Chess Meet SHMS vs VMS at VMS @ 3:35pm
- February 1st - 2nd: ACCESS Reading Assessment
- February 4th: SHMS Speech Meet at Cottage Grove Middle School @ 9am
- February 6th - 7th: ACCESS Writing Assessment
- February 8th - 10th: SHMS Bookfair
- February 8th: Student Conferences @ SHMS form 4-8pm
- February 9th: No School - Student Conferences @ SHMS from 10am - 8pm
- February 10th: No School
- February 13th - 17th: ACCESS Speaking Assessment
- February 14th: Chess Meet SHMS vs BHMS at SHMS @ 3:35pm
- February 20th: No School - President's Day
For more important information please check out our school calendar.
Weekly Breakfast & Lunch Menu
SHMS Course Registration for the 23-24 School Year
Course Registration has started for next year at SHMS.
For more information, check out our registration page!
Please complete course registration for the 23-24 school year only during the specified timeframe that applies to the CURRENT grade level of your child.
If you have questions about the registration process, call Scott Highlands Middle School at 952-423-7581.
High School Registration for Current 8th Graders
Attention 8th grade families, high school registration takes place through the month of January. Students from Scott Highlands Middle School go on to attend Apple Valley High School (AVHS), Eastview High School (EVHS), or Rosemount High school (RHS). Each high school hosts an open house night to assist families through the registration process and welcome students to their future schools.
High school open house nights:
- AVHS – 6:15pm on Tuesday, January 17 in the AVHS Theatre
- EVHS – 6:30pm on Tuesday, January 17 @ EVHS
- RHS – 7:00pm on Thursday, January 12 in the RHS Performing Arts Center
During the school day at SHMS, your student will see an informational registration video during homeroom and meet with their high school counselors the same week.
Student presentation dates:
- Tuesday/Wednesday, January 17 & 18 – Registration videos shown in Homeroom at SHMS
- Thursday, January 19 – EVHS, RHS, and AVHS come to SHMS for registration info sessions during Math Classes
- Friday, January 27 – RHS and AVHS come to SHMS for registration cleanup
- Friday, February 3 – EVHS comes to SHMS for registration cleanup
The high schools provide excellent support to families throughout this process. If you have any questions about registration, contact the counselors at your student’s future school.
Each high school also has all their registration information and important dates posted on their website. Here is the link to each of their registration pages:
The Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth non-profit organization is offering STEM Courses during the Summer of 2023
If you have a high achieving and intellectually curious 5th-7th grade student, you may be interested in registering for a MITY summer STEM course.
Reference the above attached information for further details.
RHS Boys Golf Team
PLAYERS ONLY meeting for those interested in trying out for the RHS boys golf team is Monday, February 6th at 6 pm in room 228.
PARENT/GUARDIAN ONLY meeting for parents/guardians of athletes interested in trying out for the team is Monday, February 13th at 6 pm in room 228.
If you have any questions, please email Coach Mahady at Anthony.email@example.com.
To report an absence, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or call the 24 hour attendance voicemail number at 952-423-7587. Please provide the following information:
- Student’s Name (please spell the student’s first and last name)
- Name of person reporting absence
- Reason for absence
**The direct line to Colleen Pudwill, school nurse, is 952-423-7583
You can also report an absence by filling out this form: Report an Absence
Growing Through Grief
If you have a student who is dealing with the loss of an immediate family member (sibling, parent, grandparent, caregiver) or individual who significantly influenced your student and feel they would benefit from participating in Park Nicollet's Growing Through Grief group, we would like to offer your student this grief group opportunity. Scott Highlands Middle School will be hosting this group again; this year it will be facilitated by Jenny Simmonds, a licensed grief therapist through Park Nicollet. Group sessions will be held during the school day and will run throughout the school year. Our hope is that this group would begin sometime in October. If you are interested in having your student participate, please email your student's school counselor with the name of your student and they will contact you to provide further information.
Andrea Larson- 6th grade
Jesse Kramer- 7th grade
Sarah Blasing- 8th grade