Swansboro Middle Pirate Chest
We have new baby Pirates at SBMS!
Mr. Miller's baby arrived on August 11.
Mr. Trees' baby arrived on September 12.
Mrs. Sheehe's baby arrived on September 23.
September is Attendance Awareness Month
Did You Know?
- By 6th grade, absenteeism is one of three signs that a student will drop out of high school.
- By 9th grade, regular and high attendance is a better predictor of graduation rates than 8th grade test scores.
- Missing 10%, or about 18 days, of the school year can drastically affect a student's academic success.
- Attendance is an important life skill that will help your child graduate from college and get a job.
Ways to Help:
- Talk about the importance of school attendance and make it an expectation.
- Help your child maintain routines for homework completion and getting a good night's rest.
- Only keep children home when they are truly sick.
- Try to schedule doctor and dentist appointments after school whenever possible.
Please see this Parent Handout for more information.
Mrs. Matthews students are calculating answers.
Mrs. Juden's students are taking notes.
Mrs. Timm's students are enjoying lunch.
SBMS Athletic Calendar (all sports and tryout dates)
28th- Picture Day
28th- SBMS vs. DMS (@ Dixon) softball 4:00pm
29th- SBMS vs. TMS (@ Trexler) football 6:30pm
30th- SBMS vs. NWPMS (@ Northwoods Park) softball 4:00pm
2nd- SBMS band students perform with the SBHS band @ 7pm
5th- Home vs. JCMS softball 4:00pm
6th- Home vs. SWMS 6:30pm
8th- PTO Meeting
9th- Star Wars Reads Day
9th- 7th grade AVID students to ECU
13th- Girls' Soccer Tryouts begin
15th-23rd tentatively- Book Fair
19th- Technology Night/Book Fair 4:30pm-7:00pm
TBA- Pumpkin Book Character Contest