6.3.2022 21st Edition
Monday - Thursday 8 am-3 pm. Note we close for lunch from 12pm-1pm.
The building is closed on Fridays.
Honoring Past Traditions and Beginning New Traditions
PTA - A Year in Review
Dear Nancy Young families,
On behalf of the PTA, I wanted to send one last message to say thank you to everyone who joined, volunteered, donated, and otherwise supported the NYE PTA and to offer a recap of the amazing work we were able to do together.
- We provided popsicles during the Back-to-School get together in August.
- We had almost a dozen students enter the Reflections Art Contest.
- We donated many coats, snow pants, and cold weather accessories to the Coat Drive.
- We supplied teacher's with dinner during Parent-Teacher Conferences in both the Fall and the Spring.
- We provided a fun snack for the classrooms for Winter parties.
- We provided monthly treats for teachers and staff culminating in an amazing week for Teacher Appreciation!
- We put together a gift basket that was raffled off to an NYE teacher.
-We hosted Spring parties, including fun games and a delicious snack.
- We bought new recess equipment and items for the new Fit Young Learners program.
- We hosted a sold-out Son's Night at Chaser's.
- We welcomed families new to the school after the re-boundary process.
- We hosted an amazing Fun Fair which included delicious snacks, exciting games and prizes, and a dunk tank which made a huge splash!
- We supported the 4th grade's State Fair parade and party.
- We hosted an electric Neon Glow Daughter Dance.
- We chartered buses for the 5th grade field trip to Sunrise Lake and provided students with shirts to tie-dye.
- We supported the LMC's implementation of One Book, One School, including purchasing books, paying for speakers, and providing person-power for the book exchange.
- We showed off our Dolphin Pride through Spiritwear, yard signs, and engaging in a smorgasbord of Restaurant Nights.
- We learned more about our students' days by hearing about PBIS, FYL, and SEL.
- We supported the LMC's Reading Program through purchasing books that were checked out 1,155 times!
- We provided healthy snacks to those in our district who struggle with that.
I hope that your children enjoyed these activities and you'll continue to support the PTA next year. We can't do all this without all of you!
Nominate a Staff Member for the A+ Award
The Indian Prairie Educational Foundation and Wells Fargo Advisors are partnering for the eighth year to recognize our outstanding staff members who go above and beyond. To nominate someone who is making a difference, visit A+ Award.