Community Learning Network 6
Spotlight on Mathematics & Science, May 2016
YOU ARE APPRECIATED!
End of Year Reflection
May is here, which means many people are winding down this school year and reflecting on changes for next year. Need some inspiration for reflection?
- Try Tch Video Lounge as a staff, and debrief the process or use the interactive questions as a model for how to design your own Learning from Video experiences.
- Use data to guide your session. Have people gather video of themselves in action and student work samples before school lets out. Then use a Looking at Student Work or Looking at Data protocol to guide the conversation.
- Reflect! It’s one of the best ways to plan for the next school year. Capture yourself in action, then try one of these protocols: Reading a Classroom Closely or Reflect on Your Practice Observation Tool
Recommended Math Resources
It clearly lays out:
- The mathematics embedded in each standard for a deeper understanding of the content
- Examples of what effective teaching and learning look like in the classroom
- Standards connections within each domain so teachers can better appreciate how they relate
- Priorities within clusters so teachers know where to focus their time
- The three components of rigor: conceptual understanding, procedural skills, and applications
- Vocabulary and suggested materials for each grade-level band with explicit connections to the standards
- Common student misconceptions around key mathematical ideas with ways to address them
Click on the links below for more information.
SY 2015-2016 Math Pacing Snapshot
All Unit & Topic assessments should be administered on the last date in each Unit or Topic window.
Web 2.0 Assessment Tools
Create a fun learning game in minutes (we call these ‘kahoots’), made from a series of multiple choice questions. Add videos, images and diagrams to your questions to amplify engagement!
- Fun learning games created in minutes or chose from millions ready to play or adapt.
- Works on any device with an Internet connection.
- Zero setup time, no player accounts required and one-click gameplay.
- Connect and play in realtime with others in 180+ countries.
- Fosters social learning and deepens pedagogical impact.
- It’s free to create and play – and always will be!
MSDE PD OPPORTUNITIES
SUMMER ONLINE COURSES
Summer online courses are now open for registration! Registration will run until May 25th. Please share the attached catalog with your contacts.
To register: https://msde.gosignmeup.com