Welcome to JHS!
New Student & Family Resource Guide
Important action items, resources, & information for new JHS students & families.
If you have not already met your counselor, our office will be in touch to get this scheduled. In the meantime, please feel free to contact the JHS Counseling Office with any questions you have using the main high school number, 515.278.0779. If you are calling during summer hours, the main office is happy to assist you until the Counseling staff is available.
If you are joining the JHS student body during the summer of 2022, please plan to attend Dragon Day on Aug. 11th. Dragon day is a great opportunity for students to come into the building before school starts. You can walk your schedule, get your picture taken, visit your counselor and become more familiar with JHS. More information will be coming as the date gets closer.
Infinite Campus: Student Username & Password
The Johnston Community School District uses Infinite Campus as our Student Information System. Infinite Campus is a web-based system that can be accessed by parents for information regarding their students. Parent/Guardian login information will be sent from Central office.
Once logged into the Infinite Campus Portal, you will be able to see:
- School Notices/Announcements
- Student Schedule
- Secondary students’ grades
- Reports – Missing Assignments and Schedule
- Account Information
- Contact Information
If you have not received your student and/or parent username and password, please contact the JHS Counseling Office at 515.278.0779.
Please note: Parents must ALSO set up an account for Infinite Campus in addition to the student having their own account.
Student Forms: Please Complete ASAP!
Course Handbook and Additional Student Information
Transportation: Parking Pass & Bus Information for New Students
Steps Students Need to Complete if you will be DRIVING TO SCHOOL:
1. Fill out ALL fields of application
2. Review Infinite Campus account for any balances (https://campus.johnston.k12.ia.us/campus/portal/johnston.jsp)
3. *Pay balance if needed on Rev-Track (https://johnston.revtrak.net/)
4. Purchase online or at Accounting Office (If you purchase online, you must pick the tag up at the Accounting Office)
Parking tags are $20 and all fines/fees must be paid in full before purchasing your parking tag. This does include registration fees.
Each student is issued one parking tag, please keep it in a safe place so it does not get lost.
The 2021-2022 parking tag application is available and can be filled out at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJr2a600tVAkH-3GYEsr86u1db7xz8vRHnc17pYj4gRdgynA/viewform?usp=pp_url
Press Ctrl then click the link for the application to open if needed.
Steps Students Need to Complete if you will be TAKING A BUS TO SCHOOL:
If you need to make changes, have any questions or concerns, please email Melissa Officer at Melissa.Officer@johnston.k12.ia.us or stop by the main front office.
Important Parent & Student Resources
- Johnston Community Resource Guide: Click Here
- Helpful Student Info: Click Here
- Johnston Athletic Department: Click Here
- Johnston Athletic Registration: Click Here
- Johnston Athletic Physical Form: Click Here
- JHS Bell Schedule: Click Here
- JHS Student Activities Menu: Click Here
- JHS Naviance Information: Click Here
- JHS College & Career Planning Website: Click Here
- Transportation FAQ: Click Here
- JHS Student Lunch Information, PayPams: Click Here
- JCSD Free/Reduced lunch information: Click Here
- Student Fees, RevTrak: Click Here
- Johnston Community Education: Click Here
Johnston High School Counseling Office
Speaking with one of our counselors is easy and just a click away. Tap on the counselor's name to schedule a time today! If you have general questions or aren't sure who to ask, please call the counseling office at 515.278.0779 or email your counselor.