The Department of Treasury
What is it?
- The Department was established September 2, 1789
- To finance the Revolutionary War
- Also to help manage the government's money
Who is the Leader?
- The leader of the Department is Tim Geithner
- He is the 75th person to hold this position
- He is pictured above in front of the Department's building
What are the duties of this department?
- Manage the government's money
- Maintain a strong economy
- Strengthen national security by combating threats and protecting the integrity of the financial system