AAA News You Can Use-May 9
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
This Week at a Glance
- 4th grade class cards 10:30
- Third Grade Student Led Conferences 4:30-7:30
- Blue Ribbon Meeting for Committee Chairs
- Third Grade Student Led Conference 4:30-7:30
- Choral Spring Concert and 8th Grade Art Show
- Middle School Spring Dance
May 16-20 SchoolNet Testing
Teacher Lenovos ReImaging May 18
- Teachers will need to turn in their Lenovos to Mrs. Parker by 2:30pm on May 18.
- You will need to notate any damage or features that are not working.
- The refresh will happen in our building, overnight.
- If repairs are not needed, teachers should get Lenovos back the next day.
- Any teachers not returning to HCS will need to turn in the bag and charger also.
May 23 1:00 Kindergarten
May 24 9:00 Third and Fourth Grades
May 24 1:00 Fifth and Sixth Grades
May 25 9:00 Seventh and Eighth Grades
May 25 8:30and 10:30 Stars and Clowns
End of Year Celebrations (parties)
K: Behind playground, May 20 from 12:00-until
1: Roller Rink, May 23 after lunch
2: Monte Sano, May 26 at 10:30
3: Roller Rink, May 24 from 12:00-2:00
4: Playground and track field, May 26 after Stars and Clowns
5: Playground field, May 25 from 8:30-12:45
6: Field behind gym, May 25 from 11:45-2:45
Winners of Asian Pacific Islanders American Heritage Month Art Contest:
1st Place Winner: Alivia Burwell
2nd Place Winner: Serenity Braxton
3rd Place Winner: Jessica Guerra
Honorable Mentioned: Troy McMullen
End of Year Library Book Collection Begins May 2
Students should start returning library books. Please help Mrs. Levert get all of our books turned back into the library.
Also, send students to the media center by 2:45 pm to check out Hot Spots, and students need to return the Hop Stops at 8:00 am.
Textbook Collection, Laptop Info and EOY Tech Procedures
- All textbooks in grades 3-8 must be brought to library for inventory, even teacher editions
- Teachers should back up their Lenovo. Teacher Lenovo will be reimaged two weeks prior to the last day of school. If anyone needs help backing up to Onedrive, see Mrs. Levert.
- ActiBoard pens, projector remotes, and widis must be placed in widi zipper bag and labeled with room number (not teacher name.) These will be collected by Mrs. Parker.
- Let Mrs. Parker know if the labels on the students’ computer are missing or unreadable, asap. (New ones must be printed prior to laptop pick-up.)
If you have any questions, please check in with Mrs. Levert or Mrs. Parker for more details.
Summer PD Opportunities
June 2- Introduction to Science Course of Study Register STI
June 6 - June 8: ARI - Foundations of Reading Training-Register STI
June 6-July 1: Elementary Teacher Academy Sessions (application will be sent to you)
Jun 6-9: Secondary Teacher Academy-register by clicking below
June 13 - June 15: ARI: Strategic Teaching-Register STI
July 25 - July 26: Math Training - 3rd - 6th grades-Missy Walker will have more details
May 23 Catherine Bodkin
Dismissal Duty for this Week
Stricklin, Hester, Vande Voorde
Fletcher, Lang, Frevert, Goodwin
(One things are settled inside-please send one teacher outside to assist in loading cars)
Each grade level should designate one teacher to walk students to bus and remain until buses leave campus.
Don' Forget and Things To Do!
- When taking leave it is important for you to alert me by text or email, prior to the date of the absence. If it is an emergency, please let me know ASAP.
- EOY checklists have been distributed. Please make sure that we protect these last few days of instructional time-cum folders, report cards, etc should not be done during instructional time.