A WORD TO THE WISE...
* COUNTDOWN TO STAAR WRITING - We are on the countdown to STAAR writing. Please take a moment and encourage our fourth graders to do their best when you see them in the hallways or make time to go and visit with previous students and encourage them to do their best. We are on the final push and our fourth grade teachers have done an amazing job preparing their students but any and all extra support would be greatly appreciated!
* TEAM LEADER MONDAY - Team leader agenda was sent to team leaders.
* TUESDAY - We will be flipping schedules on Tuesday for Math benchmark. 3rd and 4th will switch with 1st and 2nd.
* RECESS - We need to be diligently monitoring recess from now till the end of the year. We are already seeing an increase in physical behaviors where students are getting hurt by each other. Make sure you have at least 4 teachers outside and that you each take a duty station to monitor.
* JOB FAIR - is Saturday. Those who are helping, make sure you arrive on time. If anyone else is wanting to volunteer, we will take all the help we can get.
* KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION PICTURES - Will be this Friday morning. A schedule will be sent out early next week.
* WEDNESDAY SOCIAL HOUR - Meet us at Lupe Tortilla's Wednesday after school for a time of de-stressing and laughter. Lupe Tortilla's is the location. See you there!
* AWARDS CART - Kara and I will be by Friday, Monday and Tuesday mornings to deliver awards.
* FIRST GRADE FIELD TRIP - First grade is going on their field trip on Wednesday.
* MATH COACH VISIT - Gretchen Montgomery will be visiting our campus on Monday. If you want her to model anything for you, please let her know. Otherwise she will be walking classrooms and giving feedback like she has in the past.
* STAAR WRITING - STAAR Writing is Tuesday, April 9. Please help us ensure that parents know that day is a closed campus and we do not allow parents to enter the main part of the building. We ask that they not come for lunch that day.
* FACULTY EGG HUNT - We will be hosting the second annual Faculty Egg Hung on Thursday, April 18 right after school. Donations for egg fillers are now being accepted. Please drop off bags of candy to Tami Eldridge. We will stuff as many eggs as we can, hide them and let the games begin!!!
* KIM WEATHERSON - Welcome Kim to our campus. She is filling in for Erin Ryan while she get the opportunity to bond with the newest member of the Ryan family!
* INTRA/INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS - Intradistrict/interdistrict transfer requests for next school year are now available. If your child is in attendance here on a transfer, please go ahead and take of submitting one for next year. BOARD VOTED AND CHANGED THE DEADLINE DATE TO MAY 1 FROM JULY 1.
* BEHAVIOR - We are all noticing that unacceptable behaviors are on the rise. Please take a few moments daily to remind students of expectations. Remember, we've talked before that losing a few minutes of instruction to reinforce expectations causes us to have extra time on the end because we are not constantly dealing with behavior issues. If you need help, please do not hesitate to contact the front office and ask for someone to come. If Kara and I are both tied up, someone will come and we will handle the situation as soon as we are free. Statistics show that complimenting students on their good behavior reduces the amount of misbehavior's overall..
* POSTER METHOD IS FRIDAY!
* BOND PRESENTATION - Dr. Null will be doing a public informational meeting at ORHS on April 15 starting at 6 p.m. If you are interested in hearing how this bond will impact the district, please plan to attend.
RUSTIC PEACH TEAM BUILDING FUN
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
Sherry Kissner - Thanks for letting me use the copy machine during your planning period! - Missy
Maria Falcon - Thanks for letting us use the library during our planning day! - Missy
Kara Saly - For the never ending push to make STAAR, TELPAS, STAAR Alt all happen without issue!
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
1 - Team Leader meeting
2 - 3RD & 4TH Math benchmark/schedule flipped
3 - Kara out to AP meeting
3 - First grade field trip
5 - James Fatuch's birthday
5 - Poster Method
5 - Kindergarten Graduation
6 - Job Fair
9 - STAAR Writing Grade 4
10 - Dena Green's birthday
11 - Bilingual coach visit
12 - Math Review Quiz
13 - PK/Early Childhood Fair @ B.B. Rice
15-26 - Kindergarten Round Up
17 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
17 - Fourth grade to Destination YMCA
19 - Holiday - Kara Saly's birthday
22 - School holiday
23 - 26 - Book Fair
23 - Third grade Destination YMCA
24 - Administrative Professionals' Day
24 - Fourth Vogel Visit
25 - ExplOREtorium Night, Kinder Round Up
26 - Math Review Quiz
29 - Faculty Meeting
30 - Kim Dooley and Tami Miller's birthday, Dr. Phillips campus visit