MSA Weekly Newsletter
March 9th Announcements!
We hope you all found Islam Awareness Week fruitful, and fun this year! We were glad to host Dr Munir Al-Kassem, and "When the World Changed" by Br. Boonaa & Shaykh Saed Ragah. Please feel free to send us your feedback and reflections: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skim below the headlines to see what's next by your MSA @UoG :-)
- Dr. Tariq Ramadan in Guelph, this March!
- Nominations for new elections are here!
- A quick survey brought by The National Muslim Youth (+ prizes!)
- Ongoing programs
Dr Tariq Ramadan: March 15th!
This shall take place inshaa'Allah on Friday, March the 15th
When: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
Where: UC Room 442
Click here for Dr Ramadan's biography
Nominations are hereeeeeeeee!!
This year, there will be a general meeting and a chance for you to meet the candidates on March 20, 2013 from 7-9 pm in UC 335. Below is the timeline for the whole process.To nominate someone, please read through the attached pdf which includes the positions and then fill out this form.
- Nomination Phase (Thurs March 7th - Tuesday March 12th by 11 pm) by filling out this form
- Nomination acceptance/rejection Phase (Wed March 13th- Thurs March 14th by 11pm)
- Meet the Candidates at the General Meeting Wed March 20th from 7-9pm in UC 335
- Election (Fri March 15th - Fri March 22nd after Juma'a)
- Announcing Results (evening of March 22nd)
- Transition Training Weekend of March 23rd for Core Executives and March 24th for Directors*
* Transition training tentative to change.
Please selection who you believe is best fit for each position. You may nominate the same person for multiple positions.
Any questions about election, please email election committee at email@example.com. The committee consists of Sr. Brishna Salimi , Br. Abdelmagid and Sr. Amatulraheem Al-Abassi. Please note that they are third parties so they are neither holding current positions nor are they running for any position.
From The National Muslim Youth: A Survey.
If you are a young Muslim between 13 and 29 years, we want to hear from you! Here is your chance to share our thoughts and concerns on issues related to you, your friends, your family, your school, your faith, and your life in general. This survey will help us understand the needs and challenges of Muslim youth in Canada better. Take the Survey NOW!
(If links aren't working, please view this newsletter in your browser)