November 2016 Edition
A Note From the Principal
As the daughter and granddaughter of veterans of the Vietnam War and World War II, November 11th has always had significant meaning to my family. It is with great pride that I am excited about the work the students and staff have been putting into our Veterans' Day program November 11, 2016 at 9:15 a.m. in our gymnasium. If you are a Veteran parent or grandparent of a Central Elementary student, it would mean so much if you would attend that day.
We look forward to sharing our special music and tributes with you!
Mrs. Julie Thacker
FAMILY FUN NIGHT!
Pre order sales for admission bracelets have been extended to Wednesday, November 2nd. For more information about Family Fun Night please visit the PTO Newsletter at: https://www.smore.com/2gg5d
Students Recognized for Good Character
October Value of the Month
Central Elementary First Quarter Rising Stars
Changing the End of the Day Transportation Routine
The following information is simplified from our handbook:
- If your child is to go home a way different than their normal arrangement, you must send in a note to the teacher with instructions as to how the child is to go home.
- Please make these arrangements before school or by 1:00 p.m. at the latest.
- If you call requesting that your child become a car rider, you are required to come into the school office to sign out your child. Your child will be waiting in the office lobby until you sign them out.
- If you call requesting that your child ride a bus home instead of being a car rider, we will need to verify that we are speaking to the child’s parent/guardian
- Finally, please note that e-mail notifications of changes for the end of the day ride home will not be accepted.
- Please do not drop off students before 8:30 a.m. We do not have supervision available.
- Continue to pull all the way around the half-circle. If you need to buckle your children, we ask that you stay in your car until you can pull all the way forward to the spots right before Wabash.
Thank you very much for making this process as smooth as possible!