Soledad Unified School District
June 10, 2022
Employee of the Month - Joaquin Higuera, Grounds Person
Local Control and Accountability Plan
The LCFF Budget Overview for Parents can be found here
Public Hearing on the 2022-23 Proposed Budget
School Facility Fee Justification
During public comments at the Board meeting, issues of bullying and safety for active shooter scenarios were brought up. The District is planning enhanced anti-bullying measures for the 2022-23 school year. The District is also developing training plan for active shooter scenarios. We will keep you apprised as these are developed.
Board Members' Reports
- Safety is a priority for Board members
- Recognition was given to the Soledad Youth Council for all their work in the community with youth in mind. They conducted a student survey and will shared the results at a Safety Forum on June 6th.
- Recognized all staff for all their hard work and dedication during these trying times.
- Reported on the events they attended for the month including, chaperoning the Soledad High School Prom, Senior awards night, all the Preschool, Kinder, and 6th grade promotions. Also participated in the EL Reclassification celebration. Board members will be participating in the Main Street Promotion Ceremony & Soledad High School Graduation.
- The Board wished everyone a safe and restful summer!
Mr. Bangs reported on the following:
- Student Recognition Power Point, can be found here
- Retiree's Resolutions for
Mary Sotelo Bumgarner, Teacher at Gabilan Elementary
Debora Downum-Perez, Teacher at Frank Ledesma Elementary
James Lund, Teacher at Main Street Middle School
Lois Rolla, Teacher at Soledad High School
Sandra Still, Teacher at Soledad High School
- Discussed Trustee Areas. Currently Board members are elected at large. Local districts are switching to Trustee area elections.
- 2022/23 LCAP Report - can be found here
- May revised 2022-23 Proposed Budget can be found here
- SB 328 Later High School Start Time, presentation can be found here
- Discussed a Public Safety Officer vs. an SRO and presentation can be found here
- Approved the Classified & Certificated Management Salary Schedule and can be found here and here. The Board asked that the Instructional Technology Coordinator be added on the appropriate salary schedule.
- Adoption of Resolution No. 6-02-22 Approving and Adopting School Facility Fee Justification Report for Residential, Commercial and Industrial Development Projects, and Authorizing Increase in Statutory Level 1 Developer Fees
- Adoption of a resolution for a Public Auction of Surplus Network Equipment
- Adoption of a resolution Declaring that the Soledad Unified School District is a "rural district', thereby being exempt from implementation of SB 328 - later high school start time. This means the start time for Soledad High School will remain 8:00 am for the 2022-23 school year. Start times for elementary schools and our middle school will also remain at 8:00am.
- The Board also approved a recommendation to continue the virtual independent study school for students in grades 7-12 in the 2022-23 school year. The virtual independent study program will not be offered to students in Kindergarten - 6th grade. It was determined that the academic and social emotional learning needs of students can best be met through in-person learning.