Friday, March 16, 2018
Thoughts from Mrs. Lewis....
See Something Say Something PSA - Google video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LPjPr76vZrnddimp2
See Something Say Something PSA - YouTube: https://youtu.be/Gqi3LX7tJWY
CTE Newsletter: See our students in action! https://www.smore.com/qapg4
March Mental Health Media: Newsletter is currently about Life/work balance
On Monday, March 19th our Spring Hill BB/SB teams will match up with Carver at the High School. Please come out and support our athletes. Be sure to wear Red/Black on Monday to show support!
Leigh Carter is looking for someone to trade chairs. She has eight rolling chairs and would like to trade for stationery chairs. Please see her in Room 801.
EC Teachers (From Cabinet)- April 1 Headcount: Headcount rosters will be delivered to schools on Tuesday, March 13. It is very important that these rosters are correct and signed by the principal prior to March 29. Rosters will be picked up from your school on March 29 for review in the EC Office. If you have any questions, please let us know.
On Wednesday, March 21, we will celebrate Kick Butts Day. Staff and students are asked to wear white to bring awareness to the negative effects of tobacco. Various other activities will take place. Help spread the word! Thanks to Nurse Mears for her leadership in this event!
Teachers, please be sure to complete the ice cream social sheet for students that met requirements for performance on their benchmarks. Sheets are due to Audrey on March 22 and ice cream sundaes will be served on Monday, March 26 during lunches.
CPR Sign Up for Health Fair 1-4 at the Honeycutt Center; please sign up to attend
8th Grade Teachers: Please plan to attend the parent meeting for high school registration on Tuesday, March 27 at 6:30. Parents will be informed on registration requirements for the high school.
Reminder: If you are not working on Friday, March 23 (Optional TWD), please go ahead and put your absence in KRONOS (NOT AESOP). This must be done before Wednesday, March 21, 2018. You may use Personal Leave, Annual Leave or Leave Without Pay! Work hours on the optional day are 8 - 3:42 with an hour lunch.
District Employee Health Fair
- Student are able to request club changes by emailing Ms. Brayboy.
- 2nd semester club meetings: April 13, April 20.
- Make sure to put your attendance roster from club meetings in Ms. Brayboy's box so it can be corrected.
District Employee Health Fair
- Employee Health Fair - March 23 - 7:30-10:30 SHS; Blood Drive will take place at Sycamore Lane Elementary in the gym - 10:00-2:30
- A variety of tests will be available and will take cash or check, credit/debit cards with minimal costs.
- Sign Up Sheet for Cooking Classes (during Health Fair)
- Blood Drive- You may contact Belinda Mack to sign up - 277-4459, ext. 318; or you can log onto or redcross.org; will take place at SLES in the gym; 10 - 2; shuttle service from SHS will be in place
Check out the district Tech Newsletter. Our very own Leigh Carter is featured. Good Job, Mrs. Carter! https://www.smore.com/nup0z
Kendra Pegues - converted to Lateral entry permit; EC teacher at Spring Hill
- If students communicate suicidal or homicidal intentions to you, your FIRST point of contact should be an administrator IMMEDIATELY.
- Core teachers: Planning days will be held on Monday, March 26 (ELA/SS) and Tuesday, March 27 (Science/Math) with Carver at Scotland High School. Audrey has already arranged your subs in AESOP. if you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lewis.
- Please be reminded that we will have our first ever 3rd Nine Weeks Awards Program on March 29 at 9:00am in the gym. For those students who will be receiving an award (including new awards and A or A/B Honor Roll), please include an invitation to those students ONLY in their report card. Invitations will be available in the mail room. Elective teachers will send their award names to staff members through a Google Doc. Please ensure these students receive an invitation too. Names for certificates should be sent in a timely manner.
- Since we haven't done a great job with announcing the March 29th THE VOICE and Variety Show, the date to have no OSS and ISS will begin on Thursday, March 7th.
- Teachers, mark your calendars! We will need you for remediating and re-testing at the end of the year. Please make plans to be available to help out. We usually see HUGE gains in proficiency with strategic planning!!! (After EOGs and on the work days for retesting)
- The proposed EOY Testing Dates (Any feedback should be sent to Mrs. Lewis by Wed., March 13th)- Science 8 EOG: Friday, 5/25; Middle School NCFEs (Social Studies or Science): Tuesday, 5/29; 6-8 Reading EOG: Wednesday, 5/30; 6-8 Math EOG/MS Math I: Thursday, 5/31; Middle School NCFEs (Social Studies or Science): Friday, 6/1
- Enjoy the Best Practices Smore (From Cabinet) https://www.smore.com/dx58g
- Go Guardian Tool (From Cabinet) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QtJfxonTenCJ6qCxqEGDzqIkUGZTvd3MBFqWTHj03SU/edit
Are you entering grades weekly? This is a school and district expectation
Staff, we are headed into the home stretch. It is important that we tighten up on discipline and hold the fort down. Spring and the end of year is coming.
A meeting was held on Friday with 8th grade students concerning Prom Requirements and Dress Guidelines. Students who receive OSS or more than 2 ISS referrals will be ineligible to attend. Details are attached.
Students leaving for buses has gotten better, but it is important that you are monitoring students at the end of the day. Please refer back to your bus list given at the beginning of the year to ensure students do not leave prematurely.
REMINDER: Grade level teachers need to walk students to Elective classes, not just drop off in the lobby. Elective teachers will walk back students to their grade level classrooms after Electives.
- Utilizing your Canvas course container is an effective way to continue instruction during school closing or delays. If they have questions or need guidance, please direct them to either Kevin Combs or Candice Freeman for assistance.
Make sure to notify administration or Mrs. Fehlman when you suspect child abuse or neglect. See the agreement between SCS and DSS here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11pVs4aMBIqUxqPBjfVgXJZtMOg9LaEzHGrc-ICsha-E/edit
From Cabinet- just a reminder that your teachers should be entering their own absences in AESOP. The school bookkeeper or no other staff should be putting in absences for anyone unless there is an emergency that arises.
IT is an expectation that planning takes place each week and that all teachers are present and all time. Even if you are 2 weeks ahead, planning should take place each week for the entire time.
Are you calling parents??? Make sure you are calling parents regarding attendance concerns (and document such). When we go to court, it helps when we can show ALL the contacts that have been made from the school (not just from PowerSchool letters and Social Worker contacts) (From Cabinet)]
Saturday, March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day – Wear Green
Monday, March 19 - BB / SB vs, Carver @ SHS 6:00pm; Science Benchmark (8th) and Science Assessment (6/7)
Tuesday, March 20 – SIT Meeting at 4:00; Track Away @ Hoke 4:00pm
Wednesday, March 21 – Wacky Wednesday (Fast Food Gift Card Pack); Kick Butts Day (Stand against Tobacco); BB / SB Away @ Anson Blue 4:15pm
Thursday, March 22 – PBIS TLC (15 scans); 7th Grade Field Trip; End of 3rd Nine Weeks; Soccer Home 4:15pm; Ice Cream benchmark incentive sheets due to Audrey Kingston
Friday, March 23 – Optional Teacher Workday
Monday, March 26 - BB / SB Home 4:15pm; Benchmark Reward during lunches - Ice cream Sundaes
Tuesday, March 27 - Soccer Home 4:15pm
Wednesday, March 28 – Report Cards Go Home; End of 9 Weeks AR Celebration
Thursday, March 29 – Spring Pictures; Third Nine Weeks Awards Program 9:00am; PBIS Variety Show 2:15pm; BB / SB Away @ Rockingham 4:00pm; Soccer Away @ Sandy Grove 4:15pm
Friday, March 30 (Good Friday) thru Sunday, April 8- Spring Break (No School)