Updates and Reminders
Eastview Elementary School - December 11, 2015
I would like to thank everyone that contributed to our awesome literacy night and Christmas program! I had a number of parents tell me how beautiful the building looked, how much fun they had with their families, and how that our musical was the best school program they've ever been too! I'm so grateful for all that you do for our kiddos and community!
Here are some upcoming events.
Tuesday: CC @8:15 (Meyers, Sherck)
Wednesday: RTI meetings during planning times (Katie will be here for grades 3-6, Gr. 2 will be rescheduled because Missy and Liz have EDM pilot training in the afternoon)
Thursday: SIP Team Meeting @ 2:00
Friday: Popcorn Friday, CMS Choir at 1:45, Christmas Break Begins, Second 9 Weeks Ends
Thank you all for your support!
Please remember to send change of transportation notes to the office in the am.
Students are to go home their routine way unless there is a phone call or
note to change that.
If a student is adamant there is change, please contact parent before the
end of the day to verify.
- Please remember to let both Brenda, and I know if you are going to be out for a sick or personal day. Please do not just put this in Aesop without letting us both know (even if you do not require a sub). An email to both of us is fine.
- Please send a list of planned MLK Day activities by January 4.
- Remember to have your safeschools training completed by January.
Continue to check Lexia and Dreambox usage and make adjustments so kiddos can reach their weekly goals. Please make sure you are logging into your account at least once per week to see what your kiddos are learning
On the Calendar
*The mid-year assessment for SLOs (grades 3-6) will need to be given the weeks of Nov. 30 and Dec. 7
Jan. 4 - School Resumes
Jan. 6 - Reports sent home
Jan. 7 & 8 - Title 1 aides training with Joy and Kate (a.m.)
Jan 4-15 - NWEA Window
Jan. 11 - Andrew here to meet with 3-6 for Acuity support
Jan. 12 - Tentative date for our January Teacher's Meeting
Jan. 13 - Grade 5/6 & Kim Collaboration Time (A.M.), Grade 3/4 & Annette Collaboration Time (afternoon) - This day will be spent analyzing Acuity data, ISTEP Data, and planning next steps. Subs will cover the classes.
January 15 - Midyear Evaluation Forms Completed for all certified staff, Coaches & Principals Collaboration Meeting @ 8:30
Jan. 7 - First Semester Awards Program at 1:00 (K-2) and 1:30 (3-6)
Jan 18-29 - CoGat Testing Window (K,2,4,6) - Rescheduled for March (details to come)
Grade Level Meetings:
Jan. 26 – Kdg 8:15-11:15, 1st 12:15-3:15
Jan. 27 – 2nd gr. 8:15-11:15, 3rd gr. 12:15-3:15
Jan. 28 – 4th gr. 8:15-11:15, 5th gr. 12:15-3:15
Feb. 3 – 6th gr. 8:15-11:15
Jan. 29 - Coaches and Principals Collaboration Meeting @ 8:30
Feb. 8 - Midterm Date
Feb. 15 - No school for students
Wellness Committee Notes
- The healthy cooking demonstration to be held at Grandview Elementary
- The CHS pool is open for all swimmers each Tuesday and Thursday beginning December 1st.
- Blood pressure screenings during the week of December 14th and most months following the new year
- During the second semester, FCSC will be conducting Yoga and Zumba classes.
- All activities are open to all employees but any prize awards will be distributed to health insurance carriers
- The Corporation Wellness goal is for all employees to participate in at least two activities during the 2015-2016 school year.
PTO Meeting - No December Meeting