We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
September 16th, 2016
- We began our ELA and math curriculum. We are ready for an exciting year of learning! Please see the section below titled "Things We've Learned" to find out what letters and words we have worked on this week. Our letters, words, and math skills will be listed below every week. Please reference them as needed and continue to practice at home each week!
- We set up our communication folders. Your child's folder has two labels: LEFT at home and RIGHT back to school. The papers on the left side should be emptied out and left at home each night. The papers on the right side need to be completed or filled out, and then brought back to school (homework, permission slips, etc.). Thank you!
Books we've read...
- The Little School Bus by Carol Roth
- We Are in a Book! by Mo Willems
- Freckleface Strawberry by Julianne Moore
- Chester's Way by Kevin Henkes
- Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
Library Lion read by Mindy Sterling
Things We've Learned...
- We learned the following high frequency words: I and am. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth.
- We learned to identify the following letters: Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd, and Ee.
- In math, we practiced counting and writing numbers 1, 2, and 3. We also practiced counting 4 and 5. Please continue to practice writing these numbers at home.
- In social studies, we began our All About Me unit. We are learning that we are all special and unique. We are the same and different in many ways. We are working on publishing our All About Me books. We can't wait to show you our work!
Alphabet Song | ABC Song | Phonics Song
- Wear red, white, and blue for Constitution Day on Monday, September 19th. Wear your peace gear for Peace Day on Wednesday, September 21st.
- Please remember that the children must wear closed-toe shoes to participate in recess.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.