March 7, 2016
Information you want to know!!
- Our March character trait is responsibility! Next month it is perseverance - so we remember in advance!
- Today is Kristina Thompson's last day with us. She is going to be going to cosmetology school. We have a new preschool facilitator starting on Tuesday - Allyson Bahrenburg. Please welcome her!
- The end of third quarter is Tuesday. We will be sending grade cards home on Friday with students.
- The assembly went well today! It was a good extra science lesson for students. In the explanation about the animals, he really went over lots of science terminology. The student were well behaved. I know that it did take some time out of the classroom but I am sure are kids picked up some good science facts! Thank you to Joyce, Robyn and Beth for organizing the pictures afterwards. The picture time paid for the assembly. They will all be back to normal morning routines tomorrow.
- Our next grade level meetings will be the week of March 29th. We have two short weeks coming up and it will be hard to get together. I would be glad to come meet with an individual grade level if needed during your plan time if there is something we need to discuss prior to that time.
- We have a Principal Advisory Committee Meeting this Thursday at 3:30pm in the conference room. I have a couple of items for next year I wanted to discuss with the group.
- Kindergarten round- up went well! We know there are more students out their ready for kindergarten. Please let me or Suann know if you are aware of any!
Thought for the day-----
"You cannot connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards."
Character Trait for March
Our word is responsibility. We will talk about what our responsibilities are as teachers, as students, as parents, and as children this month! Work it into your curriculum as much as possible. I also have a book I would love to share with any classes on responsibility. Let me know a good time to come in and share the book. I would love to read to your students.
Tuesday, March 8
~End of quarter
Thursday, March 10
~Principal Advisory Committee
Saturday, March 12
~PTO 5K Run - CANCELLED
Thursday, March 17
Friday, March 18
Monday, March 21
~School Board Meeting
Tuesday, March 22
Thursday, March 24
Friday, March 25
Monday, March 28
The family we were looking for a home for to help the Children's Division did get placement in Cole County. They will be going to Eugene School now. I am glad they were able to help them! Thank you all for your help with this!
Staff Wildcat Winners
~Charlene and the elementary cooks for the fun School Breakfast Week activities for our students!
~Joyce Everett for organizing our Zoodles Assembly today!
~Our wonderful substitute teachers - we are lucky to have so many available to come in when needed! I know they may not all see this but remember to thank them when you do see them. They are a vital part of our staff and we need to make sure we have good plans and are kind to them!
~Great job on the OCP Play - Director Cindy Heseman! I know many staff made it out to see the play! My daughter and I enjoyed it Friday night!
~Beth Parrish and Greg Stephens for keeping all of our data in order for our grade level meetings. Data is not useful unless we have time to look over and digest the trends. I appreciate that Beth and Greg have it ready for us and we have the time to do this.