Linden Leopard Growl
May 8, 2015
A note from Mrs. Klimpl:
Be sure to save the date for the following informative event:
Below are the times each class will visit the Book Fair:
Wednesday May 13
Losorelli 9:20 am – 9:40 am
Nieves (AM) 9:45 am – 10:15 am
Amt 10:20 am – 10:40 am
Rubeo 10:45 am – 11:15 am
Wolf 11:20 am – 11:40 am
Phipps 1:45 pm – 2:15 pm
Bryan 2:20 pm – 2:40 pm
Lafferty 2:45 pm – 3:15 pm
Evening Session 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Thursday May 14
Foster 9:20 am – 9:40 am
Shinkunas 9:45 am – 10:15 am
Wooley 10:20 am – 10:40 am
Low 10:45 am – 11:15 am
Logue 11:20 am – 11:40 am
Yannarella 1:45 pm – 2:15 pm
Rudolph 2:20 pm – 2:40 pm
Nieves (PM) 2:45 pm – 3:15 pm
Evening Session 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday May 15
Walker 9:20 am – 9:40 am
Corrigan 9:45 am – 10:15 am
Mooney 10:20 am - 10:40 am
Mourer 10:45 am – 11:15 amBredow 11:20 am – 11:40 am
Jules is our next awesome Linden Spirit Night:
The May Fair is almost here!!!
And the May Fair Poster Contest Winners are . . .
Don't forget that the BOX TOPS contest ends on MAY 22nd! The class with the most BOX TOPS will win 15 minutes of EXTRA RECESS! Send in those Box Tops now!
Important Information from the School Nurse
A Note from the School Nurse:
Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying the warmer weather!
Here are a few tips for a safe and healthy spring:
- Since children are outside more for sports and activities, care must be taken to protect the skin.
- Light clothing with long sleeves when possible, as well as hats and staying in the shade offer good protection.
- It’s also important to put on sunscreen before going out. School days are no exception as children are exposed during recess periods.
- Children should be checked each evening for ticks. If a deer tick is found, remove it promptly. If flu-like symptoms occur, a circular red rash develops at the site or if you think the tick was in place for 24 hours or longer, call your physician.
- Care must also be taken to prevent injuries. Students must wear proper foot attire when in school. Sneakers offer the best support. Flips-flops and sandals can be dangerous during running games at recess and when students are navigating the hallways and stairs.
- Spring allergy season is starting up. If your child takes allergy medication or eye drops during the spring, please make certain they receive them before coming to school. We can instill Visine drops as needed but do not stock any other allergy medicine unless you have an individual order.
- Field Trip Information:
- If your child receives a daily dose of medication during school hours and must take it on a field trip, you must submit it in a sealed envelope with written administration instructions to your child’s teacher. Controlled substance must be hand delivered to the teacher.
- You are also required to provide emergency medication such as inhalers or Epi-pens if your child has one prescribed. We do not provide your child’s supply from the health room unless you do not have an extra supply at home to send. Please call the health room prior to the trip if this is the case.
- School policy dictates that student may not attend field trips unless their state-mandated health forms have been submitted. These forms were due on October 15, 2014. The required forms are:
ü Dental and physical form for school entry
ü Dental form for 3rd grade students
ü Physical form for 6th grade students
Notification was sent to students missing these forms. If you haven’t already done so, please submit them so your child may attend their class trip. Forms can be located in the parent resource section of the CBSD website.
Please contact the Health Office if you have any questions or concerns via phone at (267) 893-4415 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stella Bredin RN
Certified School Nurse
The Linden EVENING WITH THE ARTS will be May 20!
To access the SIGN-UP GENIUS TO VOLUNTEER, click on the following link: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/409054AA4A929A75-lindens
Who's interested in a great SCIENCE SUMMER CAMP?
The Lady of Mount Carmel CYO Basketball Hall of Fame has announced its 2015 Hall of Game Inductees. CONGRATULATIONS to MR. YANNARELLA, and former Linden student Nicole Munger, as they will be inducted on May 15!
Thanks for reading Linden's Weekly Growl
This information comes directly from Mrs. Klimpl, teachers and staff, the Linden Home and School Association and Committee Chairpeople.
Very important information can also be found:
- in the Wednesday folders
- on the Linden Information Line (call 267-893-4400 option #6)
- on each teacher's web site
- on Linden's website
© 2015 Linden HSA | 480 Linden Avenue, Doylestown PA 18901